1440p dashcam recoded file is only 1080p

TH1000

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi There

I recently brought a dashcam for my Volvo V90 this is the one.
I purchased the version with the rear camera so should be 1440p.
The files it record are all 1080p. I just wondered if anyone else has had this happen. In the Timacam app I only have one resolution option which is 2K P30+FHD P30.
I am in contact with the seller who to be fair has been very good, but it looks to me what he advertises he cant supply.

Thanks

Hi - Welcome to DCT.

The specs for that camera are contradictory. The headline reads "Realsun 1600P Car DVR...". The sensor is quoted as IMX307, which only records up to 1080p resolution. However the dual camera image clearly states 1440p Dashcam, Rear 1080p.

The app might also be part of the problem. I see another user tried FNcam instead of Timacam.

Have you tried recording with the rear camera? On some dual channel systems, the front camera resolution options are restricted when the rear camera is added.

1633524409131.png 1633524432585.png

Here are the raw specs for the camera module referenced in the Ali ad:

I'm not seeing anything in the specs that would indicate 2k (2560x1440). So, yeah, the Ali ad appears to have incorrect information (which should probably come as no surprise).

Cheers yes I've tried rear camera no difference and trued several apps. I'm not surprised that the ad wadnt true. I will try and get some kind of part refund from the seller. Overall I'm pretty happy with the camera it works all ok and was fairly easy to install.

Overall I'm pretty happy with the camera it works all ok and was fairly easy to install.
That's more important than the actual video resolution. It does look like a neat solution bespoke to each car.

Back