15' Micro USB Cable Recommendation?

RavenManiac

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Duo, mini 0806 (RIP)
I've decided to add a second 0806 to the rear of my Honda CR-V. To power it I intend to take Nigel's suggestion and run a 15' Micro USB cable from the dash cam to a USB adapter at my fusebox. I

just went online to buy a 15' Monoprice cable with ferrite and the reviews are terrible. I really don't want to go through the time and trouble of installing a 15' cable only to have to replace it in a year or two. Has anyone had any issues with Monoprice cables? Is there another brand you would recommend?

Also, the cable will need to go from the headliner to a rear window mounted 0806 on the lift gate, which means the cable will be repeatedly bent whenever the lift gate is opened. Unfortunately, I don't see any way around this so I need a cable with good durability that will have to resist some flexing and compression.

It doesn't need to work as a data cable so the reviews may not be that useful?

Although it does get repeatedly bent when opening, if you have it fitted not far from the hinge line with a small loop of cable between the car body and the camera then the amount of movement is very small and should not cause an issue for even a poor quality cable. You do want a reasonable quality plug though so that the vibrations don't shake it loose.

Nigel, thanks for your response. Do you have a brand that you like. Normally, I purchase Monoprice cables, which are usually of high quality. I think the reviews may be a little misleading because most people attach and detach the device they're powering a lot. In my case I down't be doing that.

Back