158 deg or 120 deg lens - must see results

Mozzie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
A119, B1W, A119S, A129+ Duo
The number plate is much clearer with the 120 deg cam. :p

Yeah and had you used a 8 mm lens like i have on one of my cameras you would have been able to read the dealer stuff with the small lettering below the actual licenceplate.

LP.jpg

O Sheila not bad either :)

Not really comparable. You're comparing two cameras with different sensors, and one of them, the Shadow, is capturing the whole of the sun, making everything much darker and difficult to read.

had you used a 8 mm lens like i have

Is that camera a joovuu. If that case, do you have a link to one on ebay, where I can buy it.:)

I think the 158deg on the Shadow 1s is a little too wide for my liking. The 120 is a little narrow for general driving but is GREAT for this example !!

Is that camera a joovuu. If that case, do you have a link to one on ebay, where I can buy it.:)

Next Production of JooVoo X will be ready End of the month. (USA stock Sold out, and slight delay at the factory). As always with any good product some nice incremental improvements are on the way though.

Wait a minute....there was a car in that video?

I need to get my eyes checked. I saw the girl....and then I saw the girl again....I just re-watched the video 14 times....still don't see cars....

Yeah @Viking that is on one of my X cameras, and its there on pure luck cuz i cant screw it in further if i wanted to adjust focus.

I cant remember where i got this lens, had it lying around for a long time, but if you can focus it any Megapixel lens with IR cut filter should do it.

In the pic you can see the LP on the car ahead os alright in focus but the sign saying Randers C on the other side of the intersection is not in focus.
Not sure if i can backtrack a little on the lens to get that sign in focus or i have to screw it in further which i cant as the lens bottom out on something.

I need a micro HDMI adapter or wire to be able to connect to TV while working on focus.

@Pier28 @jokiin

I got an x-cam, its a new lens with less angle I was interested in.
Pls. let me know if it possible to get that and where.

So when I saw kamkar1 photo I was "How do get a lens like that"

I do hope that the QC on the batch from Joovuu will been improved, because I was not lucky with the 2 I tried out.
Focus problem on both and a wrong turned CPL + a lot of software bugs.

As it is now I will say the image is great and it almost 100% working. I just got turn off by all the problems I went through, as it seems to be ready for the marked now. But I feel I paid full price to be a beta tester.

The only thing I mind about SG is the PRICE (I wish it was lower) and I like the Mobius or x-cam design better. You can call it personal preference. Everything else is GREAT.

I like the 8 mm lens too, i might even be able to make do with a lens at 10 or maybe 12 mm.

BUT ! it would have to be alongside a camera with a wide angle lens, if i had to choose between the 2 i would have to go for the wide angle option as i personally don't feel plate capture is so important to me.

It may just be me, but comparing the x cam with the 8 mm lens to the x cam with CPL filter, each flanking my SG9665GC, it seem to me that in many low light situations ( not night ) the 8 mm lens give me a better chance of getting a plate capture on a oncoming car.
I have noised this "fluke" several times going over footage.

Back