16GB card help please

POLO277

Reaction score
Hi Dashcam folks!

I have just bought this on ebay. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380532169887? ... 1497.l2649

Does the job g=fine on 2gb card and 4gb sdhc.

however, just bought 2 x 16gb sdhc sandisk cards. thes i have checked and seem fully serviceable. However, the cams only record very short clips and then stop (between 30s and 2 min) (I have tried all the settings and this still happens). The clips are actually then not recorded. If you stop the recording manually the clip is saved on the card.

The cam should work for up to 32 gb sdhc so am a bit bamboozled. I have tried formatting both in the PC and the cam and no difference.

Note I bought 2 cams and 2 cards. The issue is the same with both cams and cards etc.

Any advice jolly welcome.

thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
The camera you purchased is a knock off DVR-027 while at least the pictures in the auction show this
i50.tinypic.com_dzbgxy.jpg

The Recording resolutions of 1280*960/720*480 stated in the listing are incorrect.

The camera really only records at 640x480 and setting it higher will just zoom in the image.

Also because it is a knock off it is possible that the camera can't handle a 16GB card. I believe mine did, but not all knock offs are the same. Some Amazon (like this one) and eBay listings even claimed that a 64GB SD card was supported when in reality only a 32GB card would work. Posted in Amazon.com reviews here and here Mine was brand new from Amazon and would not record audio at all.

You can also notice in the Amazon reviews with video people bought the product on that page and some ended up with video with a green time stamp and some with a yellow.

There is some more information about these SD versions that can be found a few posts under yours or here

The real one and how to tell the difference can be found on The DashCam FAQ page here

Last edited by a moderator:
Still not sure why it is doing what it is though.

I was hoping for a guide on how big i can go with the cards pr a fix.

I otherwise now have two pointless 16gb cards as i have no other use for them

my cameras are different as trhery flash the blue light when working

any more tips jolly appreciated!! (Keeping up the sunday humour!!!!)

Hi POLO277,

Perhaps try formatting it with the SD Formatter program. If that doesn't work, it may be a limitation with your camera.

DashCamMan said:
If that doesn't work, it may be a limitation with your camera.

That's the word i was looking for i don't know why it escaped my mind.

If after using the format tool you still have an issue i would maybe contact the seller about a replacement, and even if it is replaced like DashCamMan said that particular knock off might have a limitation of only being able to use a 4GB SD card despite what the box or eBay listing claim even more so since you mentioned you bought two cams and they both have the issue.

Also just in general I understand some people might think the knock offs work "ok" or "get the job done" (Like a few people in the Amazon reviews say) witch is fine of course to each their own, but personally after dealing with a knock off myself and then getting a real DVR-027 with the much better picture quality, better suction mount, and better reliability for what is only around 40 more dollars ( 6o USD total. I know prices are a little different in the UK.) I would recommend it to anyone who is looking into a DashCam and wants the bare minimum or does not have the money to pick up a more expensive model.

my cameras are different as trhery flash the blue light when working

Back