1st cam user, SGGCX2PRO with X2WRC323 waterproof camera

baachor

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Street Guardian SGGCX2PRO w/ X2WRC323 waterproof rear cam
I was looking for my 1st cam, front and waterproof outdoor rear cam, for my lifted truck for security (and for easier trailer backing).
Best video quality, outdoor rear cam and great support was my list of priorities. After long extend research I have found Street Guardian as a winner!

Contacted SG on Ebay, after quick reply I decided to go with SGGCX2PRO with X2WRC323 waterproof camera. I haven't checked it yet but SG person said he changed firmware on a camera so it supports this rear cam. Received items in few days! Thank You Street Guardian!!

Now. I just have to find the way to install whole thing. Also, driving on a dirt road & in area with snow, I have to find the right spot for rear cam way so it is more dust and heavy snow proof.

My truck is 2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD with 6" lift, 20' long.

Where would you recommend to install it? So I can get proper angle, for license plates on video etc. I have found some holes under neath of bumper I was thinking to mount it onto. Any recommendation?

Thank you!

Attachments

• 01.JPG
    01.JPG
    779.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 02.JPG
    02.JPG
    856 KB · Views: 8
  • 03.JPG
    03.JPG
    675.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 04.JPG
    04.JPG
    572.3 KB · Views: 8
we generally mount them above the license plate like you would a reverse camera, to do this we normally remove the back part of the bracket and 3M it on, depends what mounting option you prefer as to what will work best

Yeah i think i would go up above the plate too in this case, just have to be sure there are room for the tailgate when it is down, but seem like you have ample room.
Generally you want dashcams up as high as possible on car glass ( windscreen / rear window ) so in your case even with a lift kit you are still low, but as it is a external camera there are nothing better to do.
Maybe there are some additional holes in the bumper behind it so you can feed the camera wire that way, when installing be mindfull as to what plugs are in what end and so dictate whewre you have to start with the install.

Generally you want dashcams up as high as possible on car glass ( windscreen / rear window ) so in your case even with a lift kit you are still low, but as it is a external camera there are nothing better to do.
field of view is quite large on this model to help with situations where it needs to be mounted down lower, I have one down very low on my Suzuki

Things to consider are whether gravel and road debris can hit the cam from underneath; whether it will hit the 'road' when off-roading in ruts etc; whether it will be vulnerable when loading/unloading cargo or hitching up a trailer; and maybe most important whether it's a place where airflow while driving concentrates rain and dirt. Pick-ups are notorious for having places which attract dirt like a magnet in back because of airflow. There's no set rule for that but if you pay close attention when you wash your truck you'll see how yours is regards this. Wherever you choose, be prepared to move it if the location doesn't work as well as you thought it would- there are extra 3M tapes in the box for you to do this if needed. And pay equal heed to cable routing so it's not vulnerable to damage.

When you get done post some pics for others to see in our hwhere-did-you-mount-the-camera-post-your-pictures thread

Phil

Thank you so much all of you for your time and helping newbie here! :)

Seems like above the license plate should be good. I was thinking to make some sort of "roofing/cover" over it. It shouldn't be getting too much dust since it is so lifted. Hard to tell on these rainy days :rolleyes: :D

Yes I was looking for enough of clearance for tailgate too. Thank you for reminder.

I will on work on it in few days and will post in recommended thread (y)

Would you use something like this wire loom? Maybe I should research more on how to mount it and what to use to protect wires.

Back