2 channel with parking mode

elly

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I need help picking a 2 channel cam with good day/night video picture quality and with pre-buffer parking mode (powering it with Cellink-B battery).

When I first started researching I was leaning towards getting Blackvue DR650GW-2CH. But after reading the issues like over sensitive parking mode, poor picture quality in comparison to Street Gaurdians, I decided against the Blackvue.

Haven't had a chance to research the list below, how would these compare to Street Gaurdian in picture quality and good parking mode? Any other recommendations?

-BlackSys CH-100B 2-Channel
-LK-7950/LK-9370
-LK-9750/LK-9350

Street Guardian will offer a better video quality but at no 2CH released just yet (should be soon) and the higher bitrate means your footage is more likely to get overwritten
If you park outside at night I would highly recommend 128GB and up cards if you're going Street Guardian
The BlackSys/Lukas devices have a more customizable parking mode (choose which part of the frame activates recording/how sensitive)

Thinkware F750/770 might also be worth considering, awesome rear video quality.
If you're not comfortable splicing wires or have a friend who can do it I would stick with the BlackSys, otherwise parking mode won't work.

Constant change of heart on all these cams. Since it's for three cars I'd like to try get it right the first time. Good point on the higher bitrate. I thought similar about Blackvue Parking Mode, because one of the major user complaints I saw is continous recording due to over sensitivity even on lowest setting and battery draining. Though still considering Blackvue.

- Blackvue DR650GW-2CH
- Finevu CR-2000G
- Koonlung another cam I have to research
- 2x Street Guardian SGZC12RC v2 or grab some cheapo 1 channel cam until Street Guardian dual cam release. I still don't know how reliable Street Guardian Parking Mode is, if at all....at least with Blackvue I know it won't miss anything. Do you know if all these cams have auto file locking on event so file doesn't get overwritten?

Probably add the Lukas cameras to your list if parking mode is important, current models are quite large but they do have a smaller one coming

Blackvue parking mode seems to record all the time or not at all, think that still needs some fine tuning

Koonlung is not suitable, FineVu I've never tried so couldn't say

... 2x Street Guardian SGZC12RC ... I still don't know how reliable Street Guardian Parking Mode is ... auto file locking on event so file doesn't get overwritten?

I've used SGZC12RC since last July in pre-buffered motion detect mode, both when driving & when parked.

It's very reliable. No issues to report. Locked files are automatically placed into an Events folder.

image.jpeg

The Lukas 7950Wd has it all. Great quality good reliability. Faultless but you need both a Phone and PC to download firmware. I like the protection against car battery drain as I drive a hybid. Also it is expandable for and outside camera, ODB support. It is a real blackbox, fit and forget knowing it will work if needed best wired in as it can be switched off and the wifi dongle can be removed. Built in CPR filter it front hides behind the RVM and is very discrete.

Constant change of heart on all these cams. Since it's for three cars I'd like to try get it right the first time. Good point on the higher bitrate. I thought similar about Blackvue Parking Mode, because one of the major user complaints I saw is continous recording due to over sensitivity even on lowest setting and battery draining. Though still considering Blackvue.

- Blackvue DR650GW-2CH
- Finevu CR-2000G
- Koonlung another cam I have to research
- 2x Street Guardian SGZC12RC v2 or grab some cheapo 1 channel cam until Street Guardian dual cam release. I still don't know how reliable Street Guardian Parking Mode is, if at all....at least with Blackvue I know it won't miss anything. Do you know if all these cams have auto file locking on event so file doesn't get overwritten?

The CR2000 OMEGA is the updated version of the discontinued CR2000G, better rear camera design and video quality. I've been running it in my personal vehicle for 2 months now (as a backup cam/2CH cam)
Only complaint is that it's sensitive to what card you put in there, if a low quality card is used or isn't formatted regularly the camera will refuse to work properly.
Thinkware with Ambarella also has this issue perhaps it's a good thing. Right now I'm running the Samsung EVO+ cards and they're working out nicely.
The camera will also remind you to format the card every few days, I think approximately every 2 weeks.

Koonlung K1S is perhaps the least reliable camera we've ever carried, we still have a few units here on clearance. Their 1-channel devices seem pretty good but the 2CH with a high combined bitrate is tough on the processor I guess.
If issues do occur, they tend to arise early on though so within the warranty period. I would still recommend getting something else as there's no true parking mode either

Hi Guys! I need also your advice. I can buy Lukas 9370WD and Thinkware F750 for the same price or 2 Street Guardian SGZC12RC for the cheaper price and use them as front and rear camera. What is the better choice in your oppinion? I don't worry about the size of the camera, but video quality, parking mode, reliability is important for me, also wifi will be nice. I have Power Magic box, it means I can use it for parking mode .

If it helps, I can sell you my Thinkware F750 with rear camera. Only thing you'll need is the mounting bracket for the front as mine got hosed in a windshield replacement and no longer sticks.

Personally, I loved it and ran it for the better part of a year, but three annoyances:

1) Every 30 days or so it would gripe about formatting the memory card for data integrity. This would delay startup time from about 5 seconds to until after it repeated that demand, about 30 seconds. Easily fixed by just formatting the card, which is a simple press-and-hold button event.

2) Android app doesn't have live view for the rear camera. That being said, it's easy enough to simply review the rear camera footage to check angle.

3) Rear nighttime quality isn't that great. Having been rear-ended twice, this was the biggest drawback to me, and the reason why I now run two Street Guardians (the V2 one slapped on the front page of Pier28's site). However, in the process, I lost the parking mode functionality as the Street Guardian goes off of USB power and thus doesn't have parking power.

Overall though, very happy with the F750. No video quality problems with the front camera either -- nighttime is superb!

I can throw up some comparison videos between the Street Guardian I'm running now and the F750. I ran them both at the same time for that exact purpose, but haven't had the chance until now to review and splice together the footage. Even caught an ambulance on one of the videos! Street Guardian takes the quality cake, but F750 is feature-packed and takes the feature cake.

I can even throw in a 128GB MicroSD card for you so it will just be plug and play. I have far too many of them anyways from all the dash cams I've been going through. First a Panorama X2, then the F750, now the Street Guardian. Out of three Panorama X2's, one bugged out and the other two killed batteries in two cars on parking mode -- I'm selling those too, but would advise against them if you want parking mode. I'm talking batteries so dead, the LED interior lights never lit!

F750 never had that problem, although I always rigged it up to accesory circuit and ground only so it never knew the difference. I might be able to supply the hardwire kit too, I will check to see if I have it today.

If you're interested, send me a PM and we can work out the details. I'm not in it to make a profit, but that doesn't mean I'll go lower than what's fair ;)

To summarize:

Steeet Guardian V2: :D
Thinkware F750 :cool:
Panorama X2: :eek:

If it helps, I can sell you my Thinkware F750 with rear camera. Only thing you'll need is the mounting bracket for the front as mine got hosed in a windshield replacement and no longer sticks.

Personally, I loved it and ran it for the better part of a year, but three annoyances:

1) Every 30 days or so it would gripe about formatting the memory card for data integrity. This would delay startup time from about 5 seconds to until after it repeated that demand, about 30 seconds. Easily fixed by just formatting the card, which is a simple press-and-hold button event.

2) Android app doesn't have live view for the rear camera. That being said, it's easy enough to simply review the rear camera footage to check angle.

3) Rear nighttime quality isn't that great. Having been rear-ended twice, this was the biggest drawback to me, and the reason why I now run two Street Guardians (the V2 one slapped on the front page of Pier28's site). However, in the process, I lost the parking

Steeet Guardian V2: :D
Thinkware F750 :cool:
Panorama X2: :eek:

Thank you very much for you answer!

Back