2 channel

chrisn7

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I already have one Pan S in one car and would like to fit to 2 others now. However, some while ago there was a mention of a 2 channel unit under development. Just wondering how/if this progressing as this would be my preferred set up?

The best rear system to add to your existing single channel Panorama S up front is the SGZC12RC (aka Panorama X1 Remote Camera)
It has the same quality Sony Exmor sensory and Zoran CPU.
Since you're in the EU, You can get it from http://hiniko.com
@niko also has the Panorama X2 Dual Channel system.

Thanks for the quick response, and the EU link. I can see that the X1 would complement my existing PanS. I was hoping that a 2 channel system was available. The X2 with highly visible silver surround and size is not practical in the UK due to potential theft, and I feel reluctant to have to buy 2 X2 to get front and rear protection, although the camera size is exactly what is required. Its seems odd that the mic is in the box rather than the camera though. Not sure what to do now, as 2 channel seems a way off

Thanks for the quick response, and the EU link. I can see that the X1 would complement my existing PanS. I was hoping that a 2 channel system was available. The X2 with highly visible silver surround and size is not practical in the UK due to potential theft, and I feel reluctant to have to buy 2 X2 to get front and rear protection, although the camera size is exactly what is required. Its seems odd that the mic is in the box rather than the camera though. Not sure what to do now, as 2 channel seems a way off

If you plan to keep Panorama S at the front, which I guess mounted the way it blends in with RVmirror, so it is less visible to outside ( for thieves ). This way having X1 main unit hidden in glove-box ( or some other place ) and use its camera at rear windows, no need a sound rec., because you can sync. all sound rec. from Pano S. It's not best practical, but still is one solution.

Last edited by a moderator:
Decided to go with another Pan S via Niko, as the 2 channel Street Guardian is still struggling with its lens issues. Hope it arrives quickly. Whats the latest recommendation for SD card?

Pier, thank you.

Subsequent to my order to Niko for a Pan S, I want to mention for the benefit of anyone considering purchasing, that I received a really helpful email from Niko, containing no less than 9 useful links and a few installation/operating tips. As it happens, as an existing user I had already come across most of these, but providing them in one place for a new user is, I have to say, unexpected and excellent customer service. Well done!

Pier, thank you.

Subsequent to my order to Niko for a Pan S, I want to mention for the benefit of anyone considering purchasing, that I received a really helpful email from Niko, containing no less than 9 useful links and a few installation/operating tips. As it happens, as an existing user I had already come across most of these, but providing them in one place for a new user is, I have to say, unexpected and excellent customer service. Well done!
To be fair we put together helpful notes / tips with @Pier28 taking all our- and other DCT forum members experience together into one "useful tips" letter. This will save buyer time on surfing a forum for possible questions / answers.
If you find that something must me added, let us know, we constantly updating this list of helpful tips.

Back