2 Cyclists Collide

Tom Butler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Street Guardian SG9665GC v3 & Mobius (rear facing)
Daydreaming cyclist rear-ends another cyclist who had stopped to allow the pedestrian to cross.

The cyclist who took a tumble was able to laugh about it and thankfully neither cyclist appeared to be injured.

Oops, lol...

Two things amaze (surprise?) me about this clip.

1. First cyclist actually gave way to someone versus taking a 'me first' attitude - even though he could have easily continued without impeding the pedestrian.

2. Second cyclist didn't get an attitude about the situation.

(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

haha remeind me when i was young and tried to learn wheeling on my mountainbike ( on the front wheel offcourse as rear wheel are just so,,,, mundane )

Two things amaze (surprise?) me about this clip.

1. First cyclist actually gave way to someone versus taking a 'me first' attitude - even though he could have easily continued without impeding the pedestrian.

2. Second cyclist didn't get an attitude about the situation.

(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

First cyclist was actually a she. If you look closely you can see the pony tails, dropped cross bar and the absence of a penis. :p

The second cyclist gives a good look at the pedestrian. I'm assuming he thinks there is sufficient distance between him and the ped to carry on. However the first cyclist does the right thing in stopping, resulting in the 2nd cyclist getting intimate with the 1st.

I guess he never got an attitude probably because HE messed up plus the fact he just rear ended a lady.

Last edited:
What was the right thing to do anyways?
From The Highway Code:

Zebra crossings. As you approach a zebra crossing

• look out for pedestrians waiting to cross and be ready to slow down or stop to let them cross
  • you MUST give way when a pedestrian has moved onto a crossing
  • allow more time for stopping on wet or icy roads
  • do not wave or use your horn to invite pedestrians across; this could be dangerous if another vehicle is approaching
  • be aware of pedestrians approaching from the side of the crossing.
Personally I do not step on to a Zebra crossing until traffic from both directions have come to a stop. Seen it far too many times at this Zebra crossing where a vehicle from one direction has stopped and the ped has started to cross, only for traffic coming in the other direction to plough through the crossing with the ped on it.

That's brilliant, that video is worth at least £250 :D

Well done to that pedestrian in the second video (blocking the cyclist) for having some restraint. I'd have flattened the arrogant piece of two-wheel turd just out of principle

Back