2 dead, Trucker runs into stopped vehicles in road construction zone Nevada

O man :eek:
We dont get much of that over here ( claimed reason ) as there are strict rules for how much you can drive daily / weekly / monthly.
Though those rules are not always adhered to, then step fines for driver and trucking company make it not really worth it, but it still happen mostly fueled by stupid and selfishness.

Phone distraction are much worse now that sleepiness, among the guys in the big rigs.

A couple of kids ( 18 1nd 19 ) killed them self last week by going wayyyyy too fast wiping out and taking out a large part of a roadside house.
One died right there, the other shortly after at the hospital.

bilulykke_hundested.jpg

You can not fight stupid, so those people managing to kill them self might actually be the better option.
And us that survived that age of stupid can praise ourself lucky we survived it, cuz at least i know i was just as stupid i just lucked out.

Mopeds ( illegal tuned ones ) are actually the biggest killer here among young men, but first car owners cant be much behind.

Driving drowsy is far more dangerous than driving drunk. In fact, most drink - driving crashes are in truth caused by falling asleep, the drink makes it more difficult to fight tiredness.

Saying you crashed because you were tired is no more an excuse than being drunk. It is an admission of guilt and should carry the same penalty. Especially in a vehicle like the one in the video.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

The driver claims he was 'drowsy', and may have fallen asleep. The 2 dead were in a Corolla which don't appear in this video, probably further back in the line of stopped vehicles.

the lollipop guy was lucky not to get cleaned up, not sure what he was thinking at the time

It's not like he had a good place to hide, since the truck managed to hit everything it's path.
:oops:

I was wondering if he thought it was a construction truck approaching too fast?

Yeah , not sure about the lolly pop guy .. That lolly pop sure wasn't going to stop that truck ..
And may even have caused the truck the hit that pick up ( avoiding the lolly pop guy playing chicken )

I used to work for a major highway construction company. We had a few incidents with lollipop guys being injured, inc one fatality. The company assessed the risk of putting workers on the ground in close proximity with moving vehicles, and decided it was much safer to put him inside a vehicle and use temporary traffic lights instead.

Given that the semi hit a number of vehicles before coming into view, it is probable that it was swerving across the road, which might explain the lollipop guy's erratic movements.

I have never seen a lollipop guy like that, but i do think the police use them if they have to direct traffic in a intersection, at least they did in the old days, and unmarked cop cars also use the lollipop to let people know who they are and pull over.
And i bet they dont like that cuz Danes become clueless if there are no red / yellow / green light to relate to, same as when Danes drive on board a ferry, then they revert to a state where they can barely operate a car or think on their own.
quite a few times i have seen a cop direct traffic in a intersection, and there are no problem seeing they guy thinking WTF, as motorists just dont know what to do.
But for road works i cant not remember anything but temporary traffic lights.

Danes also find it very hard to deal with / handle heavy transports ( extra long and or wide ) some plain and simple refuse to overtake those and so queue up behind the fairly slow train though there are plenty of room to pass, yet others blast thru at 130 km/h if they are on a motorway, cuz why slow down near a special transport when the speed limit are 130 km/h.
And the really stupid ones they just ignore the following cars and all the flashing lights and assume 120 tonnes of whatever get out of their way on a 2 lane highway where the transport take up it all.
Some caught behind such a transport will flash lights and honk while they loose their mind.
And you do have to pull over if you are holding up traffic in a slow vehicle, but this part of the traffic code are meant for agricultural vehicles ( 30 km/h max ) on the roads, and not special transports that are equipped with permits and most often drive in the evening or at night.

Too bad there isent a APP for thinking and common sense. :rolleyes:

Back