2 For 2, Both DR900s have been a dud! Blackvue needs a recall

Alkaline

Reaction score
Country
United States
DASH CAM 1 was a total DUD, horrible picture quality, would not hold or sync to time, and also would just shut off, not sure if it was a heat issue or what:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xNOKcVz2cXdk0Env1wQJK5gdIZfh2KeE/view?usp=sharing THIS IS THE RAW FILE from the camera, no upload to youtube video degrading. Looks like it was filmed with a potato.

DASH CAM 2 shuts off while driving around, THIS IS NOT A PARKED CAR I was driving around inside my truck cab the temp was about 78, and the POS DR900S decided to take a nap.

This camera is complete garbage, I will be out nearly $50.00 in return costs to Blackboxmycar after this. I think this is just garbage, GARBAGE.

I can't belive I sold my DR650, while it had some issues it worked and was reliable, unlike this trash dash cam.

I have experienced this too and this was in 17 degree temperatures... wasnt sure if it was the MicroSD I was using, so I have since swapped it back to the original BlackVue MicroSD.

This was when I was on v1.003 firmware

EDIT: Just downloaded your video and thats so bad! Where did you buy from?

Last edited:
Confused about the purpose of a video showing the location of a mounted dash cam?.. The camera taking the shots seems pretty good though, glue that one to the windshield.

Confused about the purpose of a video showing the location of a mounted dash cam?.. The camera taking the shots seems pretty good though, glue that one to the windshield.
thats my phone... ;(

Being a early adopter sure can give one grief, and i cant even add if you are unlucky cuz there seem to be a lot of people just in here having issues.
Seem like the blackvue cameras are like a venus fly trap, they lure you in with sweet things, and then the trap is sprung.

I get it some people like the smart features and of course the 4K footage, but then at least for me the fact that they push really hard for you to use their own memory cards, well to me thats a big warning sign.

Myself i am looking forward to get my hands on a 4K dashcam, but i think it will be a couple of years as i think current ones are usable but still a too big step back in low light performance.
And really for a 4K feed i would be expecting 40 mbit at least and then i really would like something else than a little memory card to store my footage on.

4K do have a future for sure, but light now i look at them as the first generations of electric cars.

E2704-MAX.jpg

DASH CAM 1 was a total DUD, horrible picture quality, would not hold or sync to time, and also would just shut off, not sure if it was a heat issue or what:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xNOKcVz2cXdk0Env1wQJK5gdIZfh2KeE/view?usp=sharing THIS IS THE RAW FILE from the camera, no upload to youtube video degrading. Looks like it was filmed with a potato.

DASH CAM 2 shuts off while driving around, THIS IS NOT A PARKED CAR I was driving around inside my truck cab the temp was about 78, and the POS DR900S decided to take a nap.

This camera is complete garbage, I will be out nearly $50.00 in return costs to Blackboxmycar after this. I think this is just garbage, GARBAGE.

I can't belive I sold my DR650, while it had some issues it worked and was reliable, unlike this trash dash cam.
Troubleshoot the issues in basic ways before paying to return product, sometimes its a simple solution.
- use class 10 reliable brand name microSD card 64-128GB with write speed 25-60MB/s
- format card in dash cam.
- select 1080P@30fps for basic test.
- update Firmware to newest or downgrade one version.
- use Menu to Reset Default Settings.
- verify power connection at bracket is clean & secure.
- verify correct power is provided, low volts or amps will trip shutoff.
- verify no other accessory is on during test (don't charge cellphone off dash cam power source).
- if possible swap-out power cable with shorter test cable.
- if possible swap-out power source for testing.
- verify both ends of power connection is secure & undamaged.
- verify Lens protector is removed (it can leave residue) , Lens clean of finger prints or grime.
- verify inside windshield area in front of Lens is clean, dash off-gassing builds up inside.

Possibly one of those basic checks will point to the issue. If not, it's defective/damaged, could be blown capacitor or weak solder joint, return to vendor.

I feel ya man. Early adopter here too.

I'm guessing it's the sd card (especially if it's a blackvue) that is the cause of the shut downs.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

With Blackvue.. those early adopters are really beta testers that pay handsomely for the privilege. The next model is on the drawing board to fix the problems identified in this model.. a great business plan for the company.. not so much for the consumer.

I tried with both the inlcuded 16gb sd card and the a samsung pro 128GB card. NO difference both shut down.

If blackvue releases a new model to fix this, they better send all the original 900s owners a free upgrade or trade-in.

If not, you guys should consider taking legal action. This is BS and the camera is not operating at the temperatures specified in the manual, well below!

I like the idea of a trade in / upgrade policy.. I doubt it fits the Blackvue business model but as these cameras are reaching astronomical prices a trade in policy might boost sales.

Back