2 Mobius or 1 Lukas 7950 or a Blackvue 550 or 650

Will70

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Newbie here.

I am really perplexed! So many choices. I thought I knew what I wanted but need some help.

If one had to choose between using either

2 Mobius one in front in back
Or
Lukas 7950 dual or a Blackvue 550 or 650 what would be the most sound choice.

One of my criteria is small rear camera and also i wpuld like the ability to turn the rear camera around sometimes.

I am trying to figure out if parking mode would be important for me but rhat is also on my mind.

Any thoughts on these choices,

Thanks!

Will

Welcome to DCT Will :) Mobius is a solid, reliable and well supported camera. It is very versatile, small, and mounting options are unlimited. Good luck with your search.

Welcome to DCT Will :) Mobius is a solid, reliable and well supported camera. It is very versatile, small, and mounting options are unlimited. Good luck with your search.

Hi Gabacho . Thanks for the reply.

I never heard about Mobius until yesterday. The Lukas caught my eye and a friend of mine has the Blackvue.

I am guessing the main reasonwhy someone wpuld choose the Lukas or Blackvue over having two Mobias cams would be the WiFi?

Is there any reason to choose the Lukas or Blackvue over having 2 Mobius?

GPS is not important.
Audio quality is somewhat important.

Sorry, I am not familiar with the Lukas or Blackvue, as I use a combination of Street Guardian SG9665gc in front and Mobius in the rear. This works great for me, and is extremely reliable, and stealthy.

Sorry, I am not familiar with the Lukas or Blackvue, as I use a combination of Street Guardian SG9665gc in front and Mobius in the rear. This works great for me, and is extremely reliable, and stealthy.

May I ask what were your reasons for choosing StreetGuardian for front instead of going with 2 Mobius Cameras?

Thanks!

May I ask what were your reasons for choosing StreetGuardian for front instead of going with 2 Mobius Cameras?

Thanks!
I prefer the way the Street Guardian installs on the windshield. It just "peeks" below the dotted area, and when installed with the included cord cover it has the appearance of a factory installed accessory. Also, the SG9665gc gives superior night and day clarity. The Mobius will hold its own in these areas, but this is what works best for me.

I prefer the way the Street Guardian installs on the windshield. It just "peeks" below the dotted area, and when installed with the included cord cover it has the appearance of a factory installed accessory. Also, the SG9665gc gives superior night and day clarity. The Mobius will hold its own in these areas, but this is what works best for me.

Thanks. Makes sense!

Thank you.

Do you know where to buy a Mobius camera with the windshield mount as well as the proper length power cable.

@Will70 a lot of reading, but some great information about the Mobius is here: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...help-requests-here-read-posts-1-8-first.4232/

Gabacho

Help! The plot thickens. I see I can get a BlackSys cf-100 2ch 2 channel camera for a total of $109.00 USD including shipping to my door in Canada. Works out to about $150 CAD.

2 Mobius cameras are going to cost me close to $300 CAD

A Lukas 7950 is going to cost over $400 CAD shipped to my door.

The Lukas seems like the coolest toy as far as bells and whistles.

The Mobius seems to be a quality workhorse and very versatile as well as very discreet.

The BlackSys seems to be a great deal and good quality.....

Do you have any thoughts on how the BlackSys cf-100 would fit into all of this....

Gabacho

Help! The plot thickens. I see I can get a BlackSys cf-100 2ch 2 channel camera for a total of $109.00 USD including shipping to my door in Canada. Works out to about $150 CAD.

2 Mobius cameras are going to cost me close to $300 CAD

A Lukas 7950 is going to cost over $400 CAD shipped to my door.

The Lukas seems like the coolest toy as far as bells and whistles.

The Mobius seems to be a quality workhorse and very versatile as well as very discreet.

The BlackSys seems to be a great deal and good quality.....

Do you have any thoughts on how the BlackSys cf-100 would fit into all of this....
Sorry, but I have no experience with that camera. However, I do recall the cf-100 being discussed here recently. There are a lot of nice solutions that would work for you. Search for a specific camera, and I am sure it has been discussed. In the end you will find what works for you.

Rear cam on the cf100 is not great

jokiin .

Thank you. I am also now seriously contemplating form factor. For wishing to purchase a dash cam for safety and security it seems to go against those concepts to then purchase something which may draw attention to my vehicle from people who may wish to steal the cam.....

A lot to consider. Wow.

I don't think theft is much of a factor, unless you get something that is very obvious.
(Chrome, flashing lights you can see outside, HUGE, and dangling wires all over the place)

Since you're on the fence, I suggest getting a mobius now, use it by itself, then get a higher end single channel cam for the front,later, and use the mobius in the rear.

I don't think theft is much of a factor, unless you get something that is very obvious.
(Chrome, flashing lights you can see outside, HUGE, and dangling wires all over the place)

Since you're on the fence, I suggest getting a mobius now, use it by itself, then get a higher end single channel cam for the front,later, and use the mobius in the rear.

Dash . I think that is a great idea and the more I read the more I come to the conclusion that two single cams are better than 1 2 channel cam if you are willing to deal with the 2 seperate media cards.

Back