2 Problems with my DR550

SBushnak

Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
Hello all,

My 1st post here.

I've been having 2 problems with my BlackVue DR550 dash cam.

1st problem that sometimes my DashCam will say "Please Check the SD Card". At first I was using a 32GB SanDisk card and than used the 16GB that came with the cam and still it gives me the same error. I formatted and reformatted the cards a number of times and so far it has been good. I am traveling now and don't know if it's still good.

2nd Problem is in this video: (for Rear)
I would remove the plug from the cigarette lighter than plug it again to make it work. It will sometimes stay that way and it's very random. It records audio with no problem the entire time. The front works fine with no problems except for the SD card problem.

FYI I live in Riyadh Saudi Arabia and don't know if the heat is affecting my dash cam.
Thanks!

Welcome to the forum, I think that you are the first member from Saudi Arabia.

Your video is not opening, it says "Please sign in to view this video" ?

sorry about that. I it is working now.

Yeah if you live here you definitely need a dash cam!

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright thanks. When I get back I'll check it again to see if it's working or not.

I get this when it gets too hot.

in winter i don't have this problem.

Yeah that is what I was thinking. It gets hot here. The other day it was 50 C! (122 F)

1st problem that sometimes my DashCam will say "Please Check the SD Card".

I get this too randomly.

does not seem to be heat related, but maybe because I waited too long with formatting...?

Last edited:
I get this too randomly.

does not seem to be heat related, but maybe because I waited too long with formatting...?

Possibly. I think it is mentioned in the manual to reformat the SD card weekly.

the memory card is not to blame here

got the "check sd card" message again. the only way to fix it is to take the card out & insert again.
just restarting the BV does not work.
Very strange.

As for my problem, the CHECK SD CARD message has stopped but I still have the REAR camera problem not recording anything.

Just an update on my problem.

The SD card seems to be working fine now.

Now when it is hot, the REAR would not record. After driving for a bit with A/C on, the REAR will work again. It always happen in the day time, never in the night.

Back