2 x 1080p cameras, fit the main unit in rear window?

Neil31

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi my first post so be gentle, is there any reason that i couldnt put the small satelite in the front and the bulkier main unit in the rear window? Both cameras are 1080p and other than having to extend power supply to fuse box any other issues? Its a thinkware F770 so i know the extras like lane departure wont work but does anyone know if both cameras are the same quality when it comes to night recording and will both cameras work for parking mode?

Thanks Neil

No real reason you can't do it that way but the rear unit might impede visibility depending on the vehicle.
You also won't be able to hit any of the buttons such as manual recording and turning on/off the wifi.

Actually, video quality on Lukas 9390 is better on the rear cam compared to the front.
I don't mind to flip it around actually as it'll be discrete, only one cable to route, no obstruction to driver but I like reverse footage while backing out and the ADAS features on this one, one of the few dashcams where ADAS works good.

Last edited:
Actually, video quality on Lukas 9390 is better on the rear cam compared to the front.

Interesting, why is that the case? Different bitrate?
I know for my car the rear video quality does generally look better due to the crazy glare I always get from my dashboard (Ford Fiesta) but surprised if side by side the rear camera would be noticeably better.

I know for my car the rear video quality does generally look better due to the crazy glare I always get from my dashboard (Ford Fiesta) but surprised if side by side the rear camera would be noticeably better.
Have you tried a polaroid filter? Cuts out the glare that I otherwise get on my mini 0806.

Same bitrate of 12.1 mbps on both.
It's the same case for 9370 as well as 7950, rear looks better/sharper.

Back