200GB microSD cards now available on Amazon.

£59.99 on Amazon in the Black Friday sale - accidentally just bought one!

It's a bad Black Friday so far - ended up with a lightbulb, this card and an air fryer :/

It'll be here over the weekend so I'll get it straight into the SG9665GC and see how she copes :)

Based on dashcamtalk posts over the years, Samsung Evo cards are not generally recommended for stable DashCam usage. (But are always the best price it seems)

If you buy from Amazon directly, they're not fake, usually cheaper too.

If you buy from Amazon directly, they're not fake, usually cheaper too.

yeah I'm sure a lot of people that have been caught out with fakes have purchased from the wrong seller, the problem shows up very quickly in a dashcam but a lot of memory is purchased for use in mobile phones and can be a lot longer before people find out they've been had

I've got a couple of the Evo 32GB cards and they caused all sorts of problems in my X2 but were fine in the Mobius.

The 200GB card has landed while I've been out today - I'd assumed they'd be UHS-something but it's just a plain old Class 10.

I'll leave it running through h2testw tonight - I can imagine it will take quite a while :)

I've got a couple of the Evo 32GB cards and they caused all sorts of problems in my X2 but were fine in the Mobius.

The 200GB card has landed while I've been out today - I'd assumed they'd be UHS-something but it's just a plain old Class 10.

I'll leave it running through h2testw tonight - I can imagine it will take quite a while :)

I assume you verified that those 32GB are legit cards? Write and readback 30GB of data, and all was there, no 4GB loop rewrite?

Totally legitimate bought direct from Amazon mate, they pass h2testw every time, just not suited to the IO patterns the X2 was using.

What kind of problems did you have exactly with these EVO cards? I want to compare to my experience, please be specific.

What kind of problems did you have exactly with these EVO cards? I want to compare to my experience, please be specific.
The camera ran like crap and constantly either crashed, stopped recording mid drive or just sat at 0:00:00. This would happen in less than 2 day intervals. Running the same firmware with the Lexar 633x cards formatted as FAT32 is much more stable and you're talking maybe two problems a month instead of three times a week. 1.02.05 works best for me but your milage may vary depending on the settings.

I ordered one also
How much did they go for in Aus mate? Intrigued to see if we both had our pants pulled down :D

Worked out at $125 AUD roughly here.

I ordered from Amazon US, was on for USD $99
About the same in that case - I'll have in the the GC tomorrow mate, they're both in my car but borrowed the folks tonight to pick up some alloys and winter tyres tomorrow morning so go the SG in this one!

Back