2013+ Accord owners with dashcams: Have any of you mounted your cam to the box behind the mirror?

Beer

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey all. The 2013+ Accords have a plastic box behind the rearview mirror that houses the front collision warning sensors (I believe). Have any of you tried to mount a dash cam to that? If so, is it stable?

This is how I am considering mounting mine, but I'm worried it could introduce some shakiness to the video, as the box is probably not as solid as the glass would be. It seems like a good spot because it would be out of the way of my sun shade, and out of direct sunlight.

Curious if any of you have done this, and if so, if you could possibly share photos of your install.

Awesome, thanks so much for that. No shakiness at all on your recordings?

It looks like you have yours mounted with velcro .. is that what I'm seeing?

Awesome, thanks so much for that. No shakiness at all on your recordings?

It looks like you have yours mounted with velcro .. is that what I'm seeing?
At the time I did use industrial strength velcro because I wasn't sure what I wanted to do. I've switched to Dual-Lock although there's no real reason not to use VHB tape. Whatever you do make sure you clean the housing with alcohol to remove any residual oils, etc.

Edit: There was a very tiny amount of video shake with the velcro but only under the most severe rough roads. With the Dual-Lock I've not noticed any at all.

Yep, I planned on using alcohol. I actually have the same camera as you on order (the V2). It's my understanding that it comes with a little plastic clip that has an adhesive backing on it, is that correct? You lost me a bit on the dual-lock and VHB tape

Yep, I planned on using alcohol. I actually have the same camera as you on order (the V2). It's my understanding that it comes with a little plastic clip that has an adhesive backing on it, is that correct? You lost me a bit on the dual-lock and VHB tape
It comes with VHB tape on the mounting plate. Because I was initially not sure what I wanted to do I took it off and used the Velcro and Dual-Lock. If I were to do it again I would just use what was supplied with the camera.

Dual-Lock - http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Adhesives/Tapes/Brands/Dual-Lock-Reclosable-Fasteners/

Got it. Lots of good info, thanks again.

Be careful with your installation alignment as the VHB tape is not easily removable. That's one reason why I initially did mine with velcro.

My plan was to test the camera's view and then mark off the permanent mounting location with painters tape. I'm going to have mine installed professionally, but I'll be doing the mounting of the bracket myself. I don't trust other people to line things up as well as I can. Crooked inspection stickers make me twitch o_O Nobody can seem to get them straight

Back