2013 rx350 fusebox

Dignuke

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just looked at my wife's car today to try and see which fuses i would tap in her car. When i determined which ones i wanted to tap i realized that the cover covering the fuse box will not shut/close if i add in a fuse tap. Is there a deeper cover i can buy or some type of work around?

This is a Toyota problem, I just take the cover out, leave it in the glove box. I secure the taps because they are upside down with kapton tape. They are designed to work with electronics and will not melt. I just check once in a while to ensure they are not falling off, 4 months has passed and they are still snug.

Just looked at my wife's car today to try and see which fuses i would tap in her car. When i determined which ones i wanted to tap i realized that the cover covering the fuse box will not shut/close if i add in a fuse tap. Is there a deeper cover i can buy or some type of work around?
They do make a deeper cover, I man on the Tacoma World forum makes them but right now they are all sold out. It will not hurt just to leave it off as lots of guys break them when removing so they just toss it in their glove box. On that site they also will give the info you need to make the necessary taps. I know which ones to use on a Tacoma. Go over to that forum and see if your fuse cover matches Tacoma's fuse cover. I will try and find that picture and get back

They do make a deeper cover, I man on the Tacoma World forum makes them but right now they are all sold out. It will not hurt just to leave it off as lots of guys break them when removing so they just toss it in their glove box. On that site they also will give the info you need to make the necessary taps. I know which ones to use on a Tacoma. Go over to that forum and see if your fuse cover matches Tacoma's fuse cover. I will try and find that picture and get back
https://mesocustoms.com/collections/toyota-tacoma-3rd-gen/products/extended-fuse-cover. They go fast once he has them made, you can add your name to the list, not sure if your fuses are the same as Tacoma but I would think this cover will fit

Or just use a different type of power tap like the traditional kind instead of the add a fuse kind. They clamp on to a wire instead

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J A129 / 129 Duo 22
Back