2013 Subaru Outback and A129 Pro Duo

• Thread starter Deleted member 64174
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 64174

Last edited by a moderator:
From my experience on Volvo V50 - I had ordered the 8m cable together with the camera just to be safe and I was glad I did, because I used it and got only about 20cm left :)
So if you do not intend to route it straight above headliner, and want to do it properly to bend it everywhere so it is not visible + have it loose along the whole route to prevent any tension, I would say you definitely need 8m in any combi car (Station Wagon in US terms).
It is also fairly easy to verify beforehand if you need it or not - just route some string along your intended path and see how much you need + add some half a meter for contingency. That is how I checked what length I actually need, and I came to a conclusion I would need about 7m, but then it turned out it was even more :)

Outback owner here. Yes, needed the 8M cable to go down along the A pillar up against the glass, then stuffed in behind the a pillar cover and dash along the side, down to the steps, under the covers, through to the back. 6m didnt do it.

Check out my post in the Subaru Outback forums. I detail how I installed this camera in my 2019 Subaru Outback. Perfect fit with the included cable.

2016 Subaru Outback and the included rear cable just made it with an inch or two (A pillar and then hidden under door frame and to the back). Read my other posts though about remote start fob distance now cut down from hundreds of feet to 5 feet and AM radio interference.

Anyone have experience with this combination? Will I need to order the 8 meter cable to install in my Outback?

Way late to this a, but I used the cable it came withon a 2015 YukonXL (same size as suburban) and had a foot left.Your outback is probably 4 feet shorter or more, and will have a much shorter hood

Back