2014 DOD LS460W Sony Exmor CMOS, ISO3200, F1.6, WDR, 3DNR, 5x GPS, HUD

only problem then is you have to keep archiving the footage as without looping it will stop recording once the card is full

what size card are you using?

I use 64gb cards which work fine and I replace each time it fills up until I backup them up on my PC.

It's not answering my question though, does the 460 have continuous recording?

I use 64gb cards which work fine and I replace each time it fills up until I backup them up on my PC.

It's not answering my question though, does the 460 have continuous recording?

not sure, it's the same platform though so quite likely it behaves the same

not sure, it's the same platform though so quite likely it behaves the same
Thanks anyway.

Could anyone that owns an LS460W tell me if it has continuous recording?

I use the cam for work and I use it for the whole 12 hours. The main reason is that I keep the recordings for a number of months in case a complaint arises, which has occurred before and luckily I had the recording.
Yeah I do the same with a 430W, but I still use loop recording. So the responsibility is to archive the videos before the card is full. This way you have the most recent recording if you forget to archive, where you may just have an immediate incident that you KNOW you need to have. (safer this way than not to use loop IMO)

All the new DOD's should have loop recording, if that's what is meant by continuous.

The LS460W has continuous loop recording - I had two units and found it was a bit random with 64GB Samsung Black Pro cards though.

I sent both back 8 months or so ago so I'd hope that's been fixed in firmware by now.

@Tom Butler or @Saar21 are your men as they're both running the LS460W.

Have most of the Focus issues with the LS460W been resolved with the firmware updates?

What issues still remain?

Have most of the Focus issues with the LS460W been resolved with the firmware updates?

In many cases this is hardware issue, depending on the stock.

the focus issues they had were not firmware addressable, was hardware related

issue if you're in a place that gets hot in summer is they still have a battery inside, still a problem for places where it gets very cold and overall a contributor to shorter lifespan of the product even if the temps are mild all year

So I guess what I'm understanding is that the focus issues are still present?

So I guess what I'm understanding is that the focus issues are still present?

not sure, they don't announce any changes, there's not a lot of info here on DOD product as not that many here have them, the lack of posts about it may mean the problem has been addressed, hard to know for sure

they still have a battery so not the ideal choice for a lot of situations, battery you expect to find in cheap low end product, not in expensive product

Back