2014 Honda Civic 4 Door Sedan Trim Removal Assistance for A129 Duo Installation

HonestReview

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
My mother recently got a 2014 Honda Civic 4 Door Sedan. I've installed Dash Cameras in other vehicles before, but never a Honda and need some guidance on trim removal. Dash Cam is going to be hardwired to fuse box. (See Images Below of my vehicle. Windows Blanked for Privacy).

A. Image #1 is the route I wish to take. Feeding the wire behind the curtains and hiding cable in the weather stripping and headliner.

B. Image of Vehicle

C. Apparently older hondas don't use a bolt on the SRS Cap.

Questions / Comments

1. Fuse Box is located under Front Driver Foot Well and is easily accessible for hardwire.

2. I need guidance on removal the A-Pillar. Contains Side Curtain. Notice in the image below, this vehicle has a speaker built into the A-Pillar. I found a video on youtube for the A-Pillar removal (but that vehicle didn't have a speaker). Is removing the A-Pillar still the same process on a 9th Gen Civic with the Speaker (sans the cable hooked to speaker) or is the process different?

If Different: Please post image or video on how to remove A-Pillar

3. The wire needs fed through B-Pillar, but the seatbelt height adjust goes all the way to the top. I am not sure if there's an area where I can feed the wire through or if I need to Remove B Pillar Trim to get the wire BELOW the side curtain so as not to obstruct.

I cannot find a video on how to pull the B-
Pillar trim Out if needed
. Images / Video would be helpful on removal.

4. C - Pillar Removal. Is this thread accurate on C-Pillar Removal for a 2014 Honda Civic 9th Gen? Again, I need to feed the wire BEHIND the curtain.

LINK: DIY: Rear Panel Removal For Sedan

Right Click on Image and Open in New Tab to View Full Size.

1630436335387.png

1630436357238.png

a-pillar-jpg.494372.jpg

I've got a 2013 Civic and I pulled off the rubber door frame weatherstrip and put the cable in the channel, then pushed the weatherstrip back on. The cable does not impede the airbag at all.

You're right not to push anything behind the A pillar trim. Also, from Honda, if you do remove the A pillar trim then you should obtain new clips, not use the existing ones, as they need to be undamaged to allow airbag deployment.

I've got a 2013 Civic and I pulled off the rubber door frame weatherstrip and put the cable in the channel, then pushed the weatherstrip back on. The cable does not impede the airbag at all.

You're right not to push anything behind the A pillar trim. Also, from Honda, if you do remove the A pillar trim then you should obtain new clips, not use the existing ones, as they need to be undamaged to allow airbag deployment.

Pulling the weather stripping doesn't resolve the issue that the wire from the front cam to the rear cam needs to cross over the A and C pillar. So tucking the cable into the weather stripping wouldn't resolve those issues. So not sure I fully understand.

Can you explain further please.

Also, how did you route the cable through the B-Pillar?

From those videos, it seems the clips can be reused if properly unhooked.

FIGURED this out. Completed project. Pain in the ass. All works.

Back