2014 TWO CHANNEL (Vico-Marcus 5) Dual 1080P A7 WDR GPS 3DNR 64GB CPL 140

thanks jokiin, now that makes much more sense.

My Likes: Full 1080p Front and Rear
Ease of use and setup
Supports up to 128gb memory card
Support for GPS and CPL filter

Dislikes: Would prefer more user controllable options for video and settings (Clip length and Exposure options)
Rear mounting bracket.
Night footage could be brighter.

While overall I really like the camera, especially over my old DR550, I feel there is a bit they could do to make it better, however these could probably be easy fix with firmware tweaks seeing as this cam is still early days.

for exposure setup in Marcus 5 simply go : menu > video > EV
with Sandisk 128GB camera works, but sometimes starting 40-50sec...

it's not really bad, but:
1) picture quality should be better with this specs A7 + AR0330.
2) video bitrate is only 10Mbps that coused image very poor, and also everything is dark....

Ambarella A7 performance on 1080p is very poor (This is not native/optimal resolution in this CPU- Something like software scaled picture that make picture "Over sharpening")- when you chose 1296p picture is perfect, very sharp and calear:

simply compare 1080p vs 1296p - both marcus 4
- in Marcus 5 max resolution is only 1080p - so that means problems like below:

1296vs1080p_A7.png

out.php

I didn't understand if this DVR has a parking mode feature or not. I can see it has emergency recording when the G-sensor is triggered, but nothing about parking mode. At least around here a lot of interesting things happen while the cars are parked.

The front camera is indeed a bit obvious. Even if the footage quality can't be compared not even by far, I still prefer the setup of the Itronics ITB-500HD a detached DVR unit which you can hide anywhere in the car. Imagine how the marcus 5 would have looked like with two of those tiny cameras like the one in the front and some DVR central unit which you don't care how large it is since you can hide it anywhere in the car.

Did you check out the video quality of the upcoming Panorama X2?
The Night Time performance was recently tuned up better than anything else I've seen especially FullHDFullHD dual channel.
(Vico M5 will cost more, and yet you get less) I think the X2 will be winner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you check out the video quality of the upcoming Panorama X2?
The Night Time performance was recently tuned up better than anything else I've seen especially FullHDFullHD dual channel.
(Vico M5 will cost more, and yet you get less) I think the X2 will be winner.
How much am I look at for this?

bah my issue with vicovation and many other high quality cams is this form factor. i dunno how else to describe it other than a "bell" design. a large fat camera hanging down below a suctioncup/3m mount.

Yeah if i was to get a Vico M dashcam i was not going to use the part that holds the CPL filter and the camera, that pice of plastic just about ruin all thats cool about that camera.

I didn't understand if this DVR has a parking mode feature or not. I can see it has emergency recording when the G-sensor is triggered, but nothing about parking mode. At least around here a lot of interesting things happen while the cars are parked.

The front camera is indeed a bit obvious. Even if the footage quality can't be compared not even by far, I still prefer the setup of the Itronics ITB-500HD a detached DVR unit which you can hide anywhere in the car. Imagine how the marcus 5 would have looked like with two of those tiny cameras like the one in the front and some DVR central unit which you don't care how large it is since you can hide it anywhere in the car.
I agree, in fact I would like to take it a step further. I'd like to see companies offering the cameras and the DVRs separately. Then you could go shopping for the DVR with the options, number of channels, and the form you need/like. Then go shop for the cameras, mounts, and operations screen you want. A lot like how you put a car sterio together.

Back