2014y Mio Mivue 528 WDR 1080p F1.8

Hy everyone,

I have a question regarding the emergency record feature of the MiVue 528: Upon reading the user manual, I noticed that if you want to manually start an emergency recording you have to push the button with the "!" and to stop it you have to push the stop icon button. What the manual doesn't say is that when you push the emergency record button, the camera creates a new file that begins at the time that you pushed the button or does it include in the emergency record file the previous 1 or 2 minutes that were recorded before you pushed the emergency record button. In short does this camera have an emergency record mode similar to the Vico series ? (I'm referring that the Vico series dashcams upon pushing the emergency record button, creates a file that contains the previous 30 seconds and the next 30 seconds of video from when the button was pushed)

I checked other model and found the emergency record button should be same as a accident crash recording,video contains the previous 30seconds and next 30seconds of the video when button is pushed. So i guess the model you mentioned should be same,to verify this,maybe you can have a test and see if it is so or not?

The problem is that I don't have a store in which to test to camera before I buy it and I don't know anyone that has this camera. And after I buy this model and find that the emergency record function is not recording the previous and next 30 or more seconds I can't return the camera.

It sounds like your that model's emergency button is only used to lock video file? not a G-sensor trigger button?
Nearnly all of car dvr works like this,when we set up G-sensor to be on,when car dvr detects any crash,it will be able to protect the video file of "the after and before event such as 10Seconds around(For example"
The faulty button still does not affect your normal use of emgency video function.
Maybe you had better not return the camera back to seller first,you do a test by start recording videos, then knock car dvr heavily and see if the car dvr can have a lock icon or not (Or if it can lock any video files when we playback all video files and find out the files in emergency files)If it exisits any of above mentioned situation,then car dvr should be used normally.
Wish you good luck
Kind regards,
joovuu.com

You misunderstood me. I don't have the camera yet, I plan to buy it but since I don't know exactly how does the emergency record button works I'm waiting for someone who owns the camera to tell me exactly. Maybe I will write to Mio to ask them about this feature.

I just got the camera and tried the emergency record function. It looks like when you push the emergency record button, the camera saves the previous 20 seconds and it stops recording the emergency file when you push the stop button after which it resumes the continuous record.

Back