2018 1/2 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross SG9663DC Install

TNT

Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
Dash Cam
SG9663DC
I start again with the rear camera. This was not very much different from the Kia.

IMG_20181013_172214[1].jpg

Pull the first panel off. Nothing hard here, no tools required. Just stick a few fingers between the plastic and the glass and pull.

IMG_20181013_172239[1].jpg

Same with the side panels.

IMG_20181013_172454[1].jpg

Now remove a single clip on each side. I used my finger nail to slide under the center push pin then i slide the tool that comes with the DC to slide between the outer ring and my finger nail. It pushes it out very easily.

IMG_20181013_172548[1].jpg IMG_20181013_172602[1].jpg

Two more clips across the center. Then remove the handle. 2 10mm bolts. Pull off the large panel.

IMG_20181013_172615[1].jpg IMG_20181013_172717[1].jpg IMG_20181013_172727[1].jpg IMG_20181013_172959[1].jpg

The left side contains the washer fluid hose. Do not run the camera wire on the same side.

IMG_20181013_173023[1].jpg

Pop off the rubber tube on the right side and pull the doors rubber seal off the top side to expose the headliner. Here you can feed the camera wire between the headliner and into the lower hole for the tube.

IMG_20181013_173123[1].jpgIMG_20181013_173827[1].jpg

Feed the rest of the wire to the right or left depending on which side you want to run the wires. I am one that likes to run video/audio wires separate from power wires. I chose the right side since the power wires will run left along windshield and down the left side A Pillar. I stored the extra camera wire in the C Pillar.

IMG_20181013_173658[1].jpg

Now to feed the camera wire through the hose. I did the same as in the Kia. Use zip ties. This was even easier this time as the hose was a bit larger and I was more generous with the WD-40. Took all of about 30 seconds to slide it through with a slight massage midway through.

IMG_20181013_174152[1].jpgIMG_20181013_174237_HDR[1].jpgIMG_20181013_174344_HDR[1].jpgIMG_20181013_174427_HDR[1].jpg

Be very careful while the doors seal is pulled off. The metal behind it is very sharp.

IMG_20181013_174512_HDR[1].jpg

Feed the wire along the top of the car behind the door seals. Just pull them down, slide the wire up and let the seal push the wire up between the frame and headliner. As long as you are not shoving the wire deep inside, it will not get in the way of the air bags.

IMG_20181013_173343[1].jpg

Last edited:
I spent a lot of time trying to find a good spot for the front camera. This did not work as well as I had hoped because of the large array of cameras and sensors behind the mirror. Placing the camera on the glass anywhere, it was no longer stealth.

I ended up placing it on the sensors housing. Had to use the more angled mount and yet I would prefer it was even more angled. You will see later in videos I have posted. The lens is tilted as far down as it will go. I wish it had one more click.

The next problem with placing it on the sensors housing was it is not parallel with the windshield. I had to come up with something to tilt it some. I used some of the zip ties and made a wedge from it to place between the left side of the camera and the mount. Its almost there, but not quite. Again you will see this in the video.

For the rear camera, I don't think it could be any more perfect. No heat lines, angle is perfect and a perfectly clear image.

IMG_20181016_162925[1].jpg IMG_20181016_162934[1].jpg IMG_20181016_163005[1].jpg IMG_20181016_163028[1].jpg IMG_20181016_163120[1].jpg

Last edited:
I was kind of worried when it came to Installing the Hardwire kit. I spoke with the Mitsubishi service and they were not sure if there was any recycling that would occur so I grabbed the multi-meter and started testing fuses with and without the car on.

At first I was going to use the radio fuse for the Accessory figuring that would be off when the car was off. I was so wrong. This has constant power at all times. When car is off, on, during turning on and during turning off. It seems a direct battery connection.

#17 Battery
#23 Assessory

IMG_20181016_163233[1].jpg

There is 2 bolts right behind the fuse panel door. Either is perfect for the ground.

IMG_20181016_163150[1].jpg IMG_20181016_163212[1].jpg

Fuse is Mini ATO.

I forgot to take pics of wire up A Pillar to camera but this is very straight forward in this car. the A Pillar cover just pulls off like any of the other panels, not screws. There is a ton of room to slide the wires down to the fuse box. The fuse box door however is very small. My hand barely fit and there is no way to see in once my hand was in.

The GPS is mounted in upper left corner of the windshield.

Last edited:
Here you can see that it could use a little bit more down angle and a little left angle:

Rear is BEAUTIFUL!!

Timelapse:

Last edited:
Excellent write up!

this is OT, but how is the car itself and it's interior quality and ride quality?
Mitsubishi has declined quite a bit and their only offerings are a few crossover vehicles, but i question their quality - the joke going around is they're now cars for people with bad credit

My first truck was the L 200 from Mitsubishi, worked flawless mine dident even crack the top though that was the norm on those 2.5 L TD motors at the time.
But at the time i also worked at a mitsubishe / saab dealer, and i spoke to a customer that was there for the #3 time to have his transmission rebuild, and he had barely done a couple 1000 miles, so he was not happy about his Carisma.

I only have 300 km on it so I cannot say much about the quality as of yet. The engine is new and overall is a design from Tsunehiro Kunimoto. He left Nissan to work for Mitsubishi in 2014. This is the last true Mitsubishi vehicle that will be made. Mitsubishi joins Renault-Nissan. So you need to look at the Eclipse Cross as more of a Nissan than a Mitsubishi.

As for the interior. It is lacking a few things, but overall, it beat what Honda is offering. It feels like a semi plush interior. I tested Honda, Skoda, VW, Mazda, Ford, Seat and Subaru all in the same price range. The feel inside all of them was like sitting in a plastic cave. There was no soft materials anywhere except the seats. It was a cold feeling.

I do have a couple complaints so far, but what car doesn't after you get to know it. It doesn't have auto door locks after a certain speed. I hope they have an update to rectify this. It is talked quite a bit on the forums.

The list of good things is huge. Though I need more time to let it all sink it. It is my first NEW vehicle ever. Before this, my 'newest' car was the Kia and it was already 2 years old when I bought it in 2010. So for me this is a giant leap up for me.

Last edited:
Hmm did not know they were joining the Renault-Nissan group. I know what you mean about the cold feeling of interior space in a lot of car... I'm assume you're talking about the Honda HRV which is garbage... my Aunt bought one a few months ago and although i'm happy for her, it sucks. Which is what I find strange about Honda because they're pretty good with fit and finish.

Enjoy your new car!

The cold feeling was in most of the cars we looked at. Skoda VW and Seat being the worst. They are all part of the same group and use all the same parts. The interiors were pretty much indistinguishable from each other. If you were blindfolded, put into any of them, had the glass covered so you couldnt see out outside, all logos removed then removed the blindfold, you would have no clue which one you were sitting in. I understand the reasoning behind it, less cost to make one part for 20 models instead of 8 parts for those same 20 models. But damn... stop using the cheapest hard plastic for EVERYTHING!

man, that looks like identical to a 2018 mazda cx-9.
you even installed the front camera in the same location as i installed mine. i havent got around to posting pictures as yet, need to do it soon.

Great write up. I'll be installing in my 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport.

I spent a lot of time trying to find a good spot for the front camera. This did not work as well as I had hoped because of the large array of cameras and sensors behind the mirror. Placing the camera on the glass anywhere, it was no longer stealth.

I ended up placing it on the sensors housing. Had to use the more angled mount and yet I would prefer it was even more angled. You will see later in videos I have posted. The lens is tilted as far down as it will go. I wish it had one more click.

The next problem with placing it on the sensors housing was it is not parallel with the windshield. I had to come up with something to tilt it some. I used some of the zip ties and made a wedge from it to place between the left side of the camera and the mount. Its almost there, but not quite. Again you will see this in the video.

View attachment 42643View attachment 42644View attachment 42645

It seems that this is not a good place to mount the front camera. How I want to think it's coincidence that all winter it held in place without issue and now that it is warm it is falling off. I think its just time for it to no longer hold to the plastic :(

I have also noticed that when I have the wipers in auto mode, they seem to trigger at strange times when there is not a drop of water anywhere. I think the camera is triggering them with some sort of interference.

So it looks like a need a new pad for the front. @niko please let me know what you need for me to order a front pad.

Yes. I had it in the Kia first, then to the EC. So no more left.

Yes. I had it in the Kia first, then to the EC. So no more left.
You could get some 3M double sided tape from an auto parts store if you're in a pinch. Just cut 2 or 3 stripes as needed to length and it will hold the camera fine until you get the replacement pads.

Best I have right now :
IMG_20190324_221420.jpg
White, but you are right, in a pinch it might do until I can get the proper one from @niko

Best I have right now :
View attachment 45481
White, but you are right, in a pinch it might do until I can get the proper one from @niko
I'm not sure how well that tape will hold up. But, since the 3M double sided tape and the 3M pads included in the box from SG are similar I think the 3M tape might hold up better. I've used the 3M tape before with my opia 2 and it worked out well. I hope it helps!

The problem is that its hard to find anything "Normal" in products around here. Have to order online.

**I do miss some things from home from time to time :( **

Back