20180912 firmware update for DV688

eliavecellio

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Vicky from BlueSkySea sent me a Word document which contains the download link for the latest version: 20180912

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RKOf01pT540MkOFLH5PkqfjD-V8Nbvy6

I don't know why they are not providing this file on their website... the latest version there is the 20180820 version.

The PhoenixCard software (which extracts the file to a microSD) is at ... NOTE: it will erase all contents of your memory card!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lZ3AmWHYxEzc3ZaLfkXidKvJl06-hdm-

I'm attaching this Word document (that includes installation instructions) to this post.

Thanks for your report, and yes, we will update 20180912 firmware to our website!

Has anyone tried unzipping the V20190313 firmware? I tried winrar and 7zip and neither one will work.

Pleasantly surprised to see my new unit has FW 20191016 on it. newer than the firmware available for download... I wonder what the difference is?

Pleasantly surprised to see my new unit has FW 20191016 on it. newer than the firmware available for download... I wonder what the difference is?
It is a newer firmware if FW version 20191016 :) No need to update!

Is this newer version available to download? Only 20190313 is on the website and there are no instructions on how to update firmware provided in the manual or the website. Is there a changelog for the newer versions? Is this even the right place to be asking such questions???

No need to update as long as it works well!

It is nominally working fine, just I am hoping to improve video quality issues. I have used contact form to BlueSkySea to ask a question, which explains what I am seeing: "I purchased the DV688 August last year and it is great - finally found a motorcycle dash cam that just works! It is fitted to my Ducati ST4S (a 996cc twin) which does have some vibrations. I believe an anti-vibration or auto-level function is causing the effect of the video floating or swimming around, which is especially evident when get a few bumps. I can't find anywhere in the menu to turn this feature off (I am presuming a bit of vibration or bumping would be preferable to this drunken swimming effect I often see). So I am wondering if there is an update to firmware that might fix this or maybe one is planned in future? Thank you." And that is how I wound up here :).

So I am wondering if there is an update to firmware that might fix this or maybe one is planned in future? Thank you.
It should be a vibration-related problem :( More practical to find a more stable platform for DV688 camera installation since it does not support EIS!

Back