2020 Honda Odyssey

ivape

Reaction score
Country
United States
Anyone try to hardwired this? Basically with the car off my fuses get power (using the ACC 10A fuse for this). Once I turn the car on and test the power, magically theres no power to any of the fuses by the driver side. (I only tested driver side so far) But this is the strangest thing. Why am i not getting power when the car is on?

Tested the Cam plugged into the cigarette and it works ok.

Whats going on here? Never seen anything like this.

Welcome to DCT @ivape :)

Most of the new cars have computer-controlled power schemes, with each car manufacturer doing them a bit differently. It can be nearly impossible to find "always on" circuits as many cars now enter a "sleep mode" after the car has been switched off for awhile, thus cutting power to everything except the computer which awaits a "switch on" or "door open" signal before power is sent to the rest of the car's circuits. Much the same can happen with finding a "ignition on" circuit; if the computer doesn't perceive a need to power a circuit then it may go powerless until whatever it powers is activated.

With your car being so new, info on where to best draw power for a dashcam isn't likely to be found outside of the dealership yet, so that's where I'd seek the info at. Another usually good source of info are car model specific forums, of which I'm sure there's at least one for the Oddesy. Sometimes you'll find factory-trained technicians there who are a very valuable source of info as they can access things the public never sees.

Sorry I can't give you anything more specific, and good luck with your quest (y) If you do find the info please post it here so that others can benefit from it, as there will always be someone seeking help with things like this.

Phil

Bump! As I was looking for info to install my dash cam 2020 Odyssey, hardwired for parking mode. I used the ACC for red and the Horn fuse for Yellow. Works like a charm.

Back