2021 BMW128Ti F40 Ignition Trigger for Cellink Neo Battery Install

ubcool

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi there, looking for any advice from anyone that actually knows where I can locate an ignition trigger that switches off straight away and not after >10 minutes please?
I've used a mumtimeter and every fuse in the fusebox located behind the glovebox stays powererd on for at least 10 minutes even if you get out of the car and lock it and I don't want to tap into any of these for ignition trigger as I don't want 9amps being drawn for that period of time without the engine actually running.

I downloaded the fuse diagram for the car as a reference, surely there needs to be an ignition trigger connection that switches off when the engine is switched off. I was able to do this with my 2020 330i as there were several fuses that switched off a few seconds after the engine was switched off.

Attachments

• F40_0719.pdf
    486.1 KB · Views: 17
Wow, 79 views and no advice from any installers on this forum that have installed a battery on an F40?

This delay seem to be pretty normal in "modern" cars, putting a camera in my friends Mercedes i had the same problem with finding a fuse that was not "always " on.
No experience with BMW as its a car way out of my price bracket, also no experience with dashcam power packs., so sadly not able to come up with something of use to you.

I dread when i get a new car, CUZ it will be a EV

I doubt you will be drawing 9 amps from a dash cam. "I don't want 9amps being drawn for that period of time without the engine actually running"

Have you tried the 79/88 ones? I know the garage opener is not active unless the car is in ignition mode. Otherwise, anyone can break the window and use the garage opener.
If you did find a fuse that sleeps after 10 min it's not going to affect your battery life.
I have an LCI E90 and I had a bit of a hard time finding 2 switched fuses that would sleep in a few seconds after engine off.
I imagine for an F series, that's going to be even harder because of more modern electronics and modules are kept awake for a bit of time after the car has been turned off and locked.
Good luck with your hunt.

I doubt you will be drawing 9 amps from a dash cam. "I don't want 9amps being drawn for that period of time without the engine actually running"
I didn’t say dashcam, I’m talking about the celllink neo battery, when it’s charging it draws 9 amps when it’s in hardwired mode.

Have you tried the 79/88 ones? I know the garage opener is not active unless the car is in ignition mode. Otherwise, anyone can break the window and use the garage opener.
If you did find a fuse that sleeps after 10 min it's not going to affect your battery life.
I have an LCI E90 and I had a bit of a hard time finding 2 switched fuses that would sleep in a few seconds after engine off.
I imagine for an F series, that's going to be even harder because of more modern electronics and modules are kept awake for a bit of time after the car has been turned off and locked.
Good luck with your hunt.
Thanks, and yes I tried every fuse location and same outcome unfortunately. I’ve reached out to Blackvue themselves via their tech support, will let you know how I go.

I didn’t say dashcam, I’m talking about the celllink neo battery, when it’s charging it draws 9 amps when it’s in hardwired mode.
My bad.. it says so right in the subject line.

On a side note, I know you are hardwiring the battery pack, but I too have the Cellink Neo in our F48 (x1) and I have it plugged into the 12v socket and we barely drive the car.
The Cellink Neo has great capacity and I do get parking mode for days. So that might be another option.

For F4x vehicles after 2017 bmw recommend fuse 57 for a terminal 15 supply to the camera, assuming they didn’t change it after that point that should be ok. I linked to bmw camera instructions in my hardwire thread but they were from 2019 so there’s a chance it’s changed but probably not. Worth testing to see.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mentadent Hardwiring and Batteries 12