2021 Climate Change

Status
Not open for further replies.
A guy here wildly recognized as Mr, Wind power, his company are now teaming up with people in India to make power to X components out there, so splitting your water to get oxygen and hydrogen will soon me more easy and not least economical.
Black hydrogen ( made from natural gas and a major Co2 polluter are ATM cheaper ) But we are fixing to change that, with better "anodes"

Of course as soon as it is up and running Siemens will sweep in with their big wallet and buy up and factory and patents,,,,,, as is the MO of Siemens.

Black hydrogen ( made from natural gas and a major Co2 polluter are ATM cheaper ) But we are fixing to change that, with better "anodes"
Black hydrogen will soon be banned, so investing in that is stupid, green hydrogen is an excellent investment if you back the right technology and probably still a good investment if you back the wrong technology since there is going to be a shortage of the stuff for decades!

I assume the people of the sand countries, will continue to sell oil and some will buy it too, no matter how electric other countries get.
But i can understand that as the sand countries have nothing else to sell, and even now diversified into buying football clubs and what not, it will probably be a train wreck soon enough.

When the day come, will the green countries get together and embargo the then still oil selling countries and oil using countries, and will they do a good enough job of it so it actually work.
And what will the friends of the oil countries say to a hard embargo, will people get really mad and take up drastic measures.

War will be good then as i see very little Green war vehicles now or on the horizon.

When the day come, will the green countries get together and embargo the then still oil selling countries and oil using countries, and will they do a good enough job of it so it actually work
With the banks pulling out of all oil investments, there will soon be a shortage of oil and gas which will be needed for making valuable products such as lubricants and plastics, nobody will be able to afford to use it as fuel. Most of the coal reserves are in countries likely to halt any new exploration so coal will become unavailable. Question then is, will there be enough electricity and green hydrogen for everyone? There isn’t really a limit on how much can be produced, but there is on how quickly we can build the production and distribution infrastructure.

War will be good then as i see very little Green war vehicles now or on the horizon.
Much of the existing equipment is designed to run on whatever is available, and often does run on very dirty fuel with clouds of black smoke left behind, especially Russian tanks and aircraft carriers!

The Pope has pulled out, but Scott Morrison is going to attend!
Only problem is that his government won't agree on any action other than opening more coal mines!

USA will be there, Barack Obama is attending!

Last edited:
delaying the inevitable .......
are we so arrogant as a species knowing there have been 7 mass extinctions we think we ll avoid another ????
i d place a bet on it just as elon would if we were around to collect it lol

(CNN)Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison unveiled a long-awaited climate plan on Tuesday, finally announcing that his country would join the other developed nations by aiming to reach net-zero emissions by 2050.
After publishing a defiant op-ed to announce the policy, in which the leader said he "won't be lectured by others who do not understand Australia," Morrison told journalists that he didn't even intend to put net zero into law.
"The Morrison government's net zero by 2050 announcement is a joke without strong emissions cuts this decade," the Climate Council's head of research Simon Bradshaw told CNN.

Looks likely they will have to change, because all their customers are going to stop buying their coal, and as the world's second largest producer, with a small population, that will hurt!

The UK also on Tuesday burnished its credential as a green pioneer by announcing a £400m partnership with Microsoft billionaire Bill Gates to support rapid scale-up of new technologies, including green hydrogen, long-term energy storage, direct-air capture of CO2 and sustainable aviation fuel.
f1eb0bd84d2141e86f579eab5044d1cd

Seems Bill gets on better with the UK government than the USA!

Well with a name like Boris, you got to have a sense of humor :)
everyone will need coal for a while yet, you cant just pull the rug under a nations power and heating like that, and a whole host of problems stand in the way of most nations, just the power grids them self would not be able to handle it if everyone suddenly had to heat your home that way and charge your car + how ever many guguwatts are needed by industry.

Seems Bill gets on better with the UK government than the USA!

Yet once again Nigel, you are engaged in gratuitously disparaging and trolling the USA. This needs to STOP! Of course, I have made this statement before on numerous occasions but you continue as the ONLY member here on DCT to habitually
engage in making derogatory and belittling remarks about other nations, particular the USA while always showering the UK with phony, vainglorious adulation.

In this instance, you are presenting a false and misleading perspective on the joint investment partnership with the UK that Bill Gates and Boris Johnson were promoting as if this were some unique and exclusive one-off agreement between Gates personally and Downing Street.

The fact is that Gates, in this particular climate initiative investment is merely promoting the most recent of many being made around the globe by Breakthrough Energy's Catalyst Program, including and especially with the US government and American industry.

Breakthrough Energy was founded by Gates in 2015 along with numerous high net worth corporate leaders, philanthropists and institutions, such as Jeff Bezos, Richard Branson, Mark Zuckerberg, Mike Bloomfield, Jack Ma, George Soros, Mark Benioff, Tom Steyer. The University of California, Nat Simmons and others for the purpose of funding clean energy innovation around the globe. Among other things as an umbrella organization, Breakthrough Energy is a venture capital fund that invests primarily in businesses, government climate initiatives and technologies where the risk of failure is high and the timeframe for return on investment is 20 years. Venture funds typically seek return on capital in 5 years.

In December 2016, this group of investors collectively worth US$170 billion announced personal commitments to funding the efforts of this US $1 billion fund "focused on fighting climate change by investing in clean energy innovation". The fund is named the Breakthrough Energy Ventures Fund.

As for your spurious claim that "Bill gets on better with the UK government than the USA", you should consider the fact that in August, Breakthrough Energy’s Catalyst program and the United States government via Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm "announced a collaboration that will accelerate the adoption of next generation clean technologies". This is a 1.5 billion dollar initiative in large-scale infrastructure projects necessary to bring clean technologies to market. The £400 UK partnership just announced by Gates and Johnson is only a third of this amount. So, who is getting along better with whom? ;)

Last edited:
For sure i think it is better if Bill throw his money at the more complex things, leave the simpleton stuff to the likes of us Danes ASO

For sure i think it is better if Bill throw his money at the more complex things, leave the simpleton stuff to the likes of us Danes ASO

Well, Bill has managed to get quite a few other billionaires to throw their money at these more complex things too.

yeah.
Dont make me drop to my knees, but it do have some effect towards my feeling for the guy

yeah.
Dont make me drop to my knees, but it do have some effect towards my feeling for the guy

I can agree about Bill Gates. He has not exactly been my favorite ultra wealthy captain of industry or human being for that matter, but one has to admire someone as wealthy as he is creating the Giving Pledge. He did this in collaboration with Warren Buffet and his ex-wife Melinda.

"The Giving Pledge is a movement of philanthropists who commit to giving the majority of their wealth to philanthropy or charitable causes, either during their lifetimes or in their wills."

"In August 2010, 40 of America’s wealthiest people joined together in a commitment to give the majority of their wealth to address some of society’s most pressing problems. Created by Bill and Melinda Gates and Warren Buffett, the Giving Pledge came to life following a series of conversations with philanthropists around the world about how they could collectively set a new standard of generosity among the ultra-wealthy."

Elon Musk and Mark Zuckerberg are on the list but not Jeff Bezos.

Last edited:
Well with a name like Boris, you got to have a sense of humor :)
At least you understood the image, maybe Dashmellow needs some help, hard to find an equivalent image, but this will do:

%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2Fa7f48f8a-a471-11eb-b457-728758ee7665.jpg

At least you understood the image, maybe Dashmellow needs some help, hard to find an equivalent image, but this will do:

%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2Fa7f48f8a-a471-11eb-b457-728758ee7665.jpg

Unlike you, at least Kamkar actually has a sense of humor.

You instead engage in persistent, reprehensible and self-righteous nation bashing and smearing of American institutions, culture, citizens and leaders like our President, revered figures like Anthony Fauci, philanthropists like Bill Gates, various American political and pubic figures and many others.

And as is always the case when your inappropriate forum behavior and rule breaking is called out publicly your "defense" is to engage in diversions and petty insults or simply change the subject. :finger:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back