212G Hd

Tony lovelock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 422gw/Nextbase 212G & möbius C3 wide angle lens
Haven’t seen this advertised much, only just seen it on the argos website for £80. Specs looks good, does anyone know anymore about this dash cam or who has purchased it?

Thanks

It was in Aldi for £19.99 recently. Have a look HERE

This one is the 212G with GPS. Wasn't the Aldi one the 212 without GPS ?

I think the 212 ‘voyager’ was the one that was on sale in Aldi recently. The 212g looks fairly new I’d say 2/3 months old... even Halfords aren’t promoting it either although there quite good with branding the nextbase products in their stores

I decided to purchase the nextbase 212G upon reading the good reviews on the argos website, will be using this as a front end dashcam on my car alongside my existing 412gw as a rear end dashcam. Annoying why nextbase don’t provide a 3m Mount in the box as standard regardless of what model it is & the nextbase window sticker could be so much smaller & discreet imo. Will report back in a few weeks with how I get on & what the quality is like as apparently this has better night vision so with the darker nights drawing in now should be a good test. Another thing I’ve noticed in the menu that I don’t have on my 412gw is that you can actually save all your settings?

Attachments

• 4167B51D-2AB8-4E95-BBC0-9544C8CD00AF.jpeg
    4167B51D-2AB8-4E95-BBC0-9544C8CD00AF.jpeg
    109 KB · Views: 14
  • 220D2B60-595C-422A-85E1-948A8BA0360E.jpeg
    220D2B60-595C-422A-85E1-948A8BA0360E.jpeg
    103.2 KB · Views: 14
When M8 sees this he'll explain why, but, the higher the resolution of the lens the worse it is at night.

In my case, not going out in the dark, the higher the resolution the better.

Thanks K. :eek:
Without looking up the resolutions of the cams under question, generally for any given size sensor, the lower the res = larger the pixels = better low light performance.
Again as a general statement, the best way of getting good low light performance at high res is to use a bigger sensor area. But that, of course, means bigger lenses which of course means more expensive. And the whole shooting match is with the manufacturers.

After a few weeks of having the dash cam installed in my car I’ve decided I’m going to take it back to argos for a full refund as it’s constantly playing up. It works ok for a couple of days but then all of a sudden when driving it will just turn off then turn on again etc etc. I have tried the usual re format sd card, charge it up for the recommended time & checked latest software etc, but still happens. So will purchase a 412gw when on offer next

It’s running from a garmin 12v high speed car charger off a 2 meter mini usb lead then at first it was plugged into the gps mount itself then the problem occurred. So I then swapped it so it charged etc from the dash cam itself but the problem still occurred... yeah the rear 412gw runs off the same charger had no issues with that

Ok great thanks, wanted to make sure.

Sounds faulty if its powering down, was this with the connector in the mount or dash cam itself?

It has happened in both situations now, tempted to take it back to argos & get a replacement or either full refund. Thanks

Just updated to the latest firmware on the nextbase website with no issues. The dashcam was fully charged in the house, put it back in the car on the mount switched the car on & it was down to 1 bar?! Surely it’s an battery drain error? Aswell as possibly an **** down error on this dash cam? So frustrating!

I’m taking it back this evening for an replacement & hopefully with no aggravation from the staff. Hopefully the new unit won’t have the same issue otherwise I’ll get a full refund

I’ve now exchanged the unit over for a new one this evening, no questions asked. I think the issue all along possibly was with the actual gps magnetic mount, it was a spare one I had from a 412gw. As the replacement dash cam didn’t power up so I used the new Gps magnetic mount inside the box & it powered up ok & recored ok. So probably didn’t need to replace the dash cam after all... oh well

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Tony lovelock Nextbase Other 1
Tony lovelock Nextbase Other 3
Back