256GB Micro SD card not working

Richp7

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I recently purchased the mini0906 Pro which has been working fine with a SanDisk High Endurance 128GB Micro SD card. I tried using a SanDisk High Endurance 256GB Micro SD card, but get a request to format the card (already formatted as FAT32 primary active) when I turn on the dashcam. Press the button to format, after a some time the camera auto-turns off without formatting. Have tried reformatting card with SDformat32 utility and various other methods including Windows 10 command line prompt for FAT32 with no success. Have the latest firmware installed (Jan.10.2020). Is anyone able to shed some light on this situation please?

Welcome to DCT @Richp7 :)
Dashcams cam be picky about which cards they will work with, especially in the larger sizes. Cards which should work based on write speeds and class sometimes just don't work, there's no explanation for it. And some cams simply will not work with cards above a certain size. Each cam is rule to itself in this as other cams with the same processor will behave differently. And occasionally individual cams vary in what cards they like but that's kind of rare.

The best advice is for owners to read the forums on their cam and see what others are experiencing with cards before buying one, and always make sure the info is current as cards do sometimes get changes in the production process which can affect how they work in dashcams.

Phil

Thankyou Phil for your response. After considerable fruitless searching for a solution, returned camera, and reordered another.The 256GB worked straight away for the second camera! Audio level on the first was somewhat low on side, better on the reordered dashcam (both from Amazon). Must be productions variations?
Richard.

Further to previous, I now notice that the replacement camera firmware is 20200703 V1, where the lastest one on mini0906.com is 20200110!

1614042755268.png

Likely that the FW is responsible for the noticed audio changes, but could be using a different mic now too; things like that are rarely announced. If the cam is performing to your liking then I'd leave the FW alone, updates often break as much as they fix with dashcams taking several rounds before it's all made right :cautious: QC does vary with this company's cams but the good ones tend to be very good and that could have been the source of your previous troubles. Glad it's working out for you now (y)

Phil

Yes thanks Phil, very happy with the overall operation now. Both front and rear camera video image quality is quite good. What I have found is that the camera location is important to the overall result to reduce reduce reflections and make optimal use of the video image. Have seen so many dashcam video samples where there a many reflections from car dash and window screen and positioned so that a good portion of the video image it taken up by the vehicle bonnet and/or internals. Richard.

Back