256gb microsd

Discussion in 'DR750S-2CH' started by Lefo, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Lefo

Lefo New Member

Canada
    has anyone tried the 256gb microsd?

I think the 128gb might not be enough. Any comments ?

Thx

oohaj likes this.
  2. zlandar

zlandar New Member

United States
    I don’t see Blackvue selling a 256 GB microSD. 128 GB is the max.

128 GB provides 11 hours of recording for front/rear 750 cams. Seems plenty to me.

3. Cessna CJ4

Cessna CJ4 Member

United States
    Dash Cam:
    Blackvue DR650S Dual Channel

I just started using a new Samsung 128GB class 10 U3 UHS-I formatted with Macrorit for Fat32 and have had no problems. Whether it will be enough depends on how you configure your cams for use. For me, 16GB was enough but I wanted more storage capacity to reduce the wear and tear from continual Writes made to the card over time. Whatever you use just make sure:

1) Card max operating temperature exceeds that of the camera you use
    2) Card is capable of read sppeds at 100mbps and write speeds at 90mbps leaving room for what the camera cannot do
    3) Card is minimally rated at U3, Class 10 and UHS-I
    4) Make sure the formatting is clean/good above Windows 32GB limitation (I use Macrorit for this)

4. bpsmicro

bpsmicro Member

Canada
    I'm going to have to try Macrorit, but I used the EVO+ 128Gig and it also worked fine for a while, and then started randomly corrupting recordings. I'd hop in the Jeep, and when it kicked out of Parking Mode it'd say "Check SD Card" about half a dozen times, then carry on recording. When I checked, the files recorded at that moment were corrupted.
    But my card lasted over a month with zero issues, so I'll be curious to see if you start getting similar errors. At the moment I'm back to the BlackVue 64Gig, which remains error-free for now. :)

Brad.

5. Cessna CJ4

Cessna CJ4 Member

United States
    Dash Cam:

What exactly did you use to format the 128GB card the very first time you did it?

6. bpsmicro

bpsmicro Member

Canada
    Memory's a bit rusty, but I believe it was the Viewer app the very first time, but I also know a couple of times by the camera itself when it started glitching.

7. Cessna CJ4

Cessna CJ4 Member

United States
    Dash Cam:

I would not be afraid to try formatting using Macrorit - then see how it works. I've found that when formatting outside of Blackvue territory (so to speak), I don't have any read/write issues. Besides, at 256GB, you are going to have to deal with the Windows 32GB disk size limitation one way or another. Might as well handle all of that in Macrorit, or something on par with it.