256GB SD Confirmed working in Panorama (early report, developing)

I'm experiencing problems which may or may not be related to the SD cards, although I used a recommended brand, and let the SG format the cards (twice or 3x before using). The SG cards, when put in my Win7 pro PC and show Properties, says the two 64G cards (one a Sandisk microsdxc, one a Transcend SDXC), are exhibiting exFAT, and the 32G Transcend SDXC is exhibiting a FAT32. I posted a new message with the details in the powerucc top directory.

I'm experiencing problems which may or may not be related to the SD cards, although I used a recommended brand, and let the SG format the cards (twice or 3x before using). The SG cards, when put in my Win7 pro PC and show Properties, says the two 64G cards (one a Sandisk microsdxc, one a Transcend SDXC), are exhibiting exFAT, and the 32G Transcend SDXC is exhibiting a FAT32. I posted a new message with the details in the powerucc top directory.

Update: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...p4-files-is-it-the-sd-cards.8664/#post-106369

Last edited by a moderator:
Which Panorama are you using G or S and what firmware version are you on?

I have a Panorama G with the latest firmware (2014.10.31). At first, I couldn't use the 256GB PNY card with either FAT32 (using the recommended formaters) or exFAT (quick format in Windows) file systems. The camera was always rebooting or shutting down. Then I full formatted it in Windows using exFAT file system and it started to work flawlessly.

I don't know what is exactly the problem with the latest firmware and its consequences. What I know is that my camera seems to be recording ok. How can I help you?

@jamonda, check your PM I sent you a new G Beta firmware that has all new full native exFAT support. (can format all large cards in the camera)
So far 64/128GB cards are working flawlessly. I'd love to know how 256GB behaves.

@jamonda, check your PM I sent you a new G Beta firmware that has all new full native exFAT support. (can format all large cards in the camera)
So far 64/128GB cards are working flawlessly. I'd love to know how 256GB behaves.

Hi, Pier28.
I've just seen the PM. I'll try the new firmware tomorrow and let you know the news as soon as possible!

I'm also interested in a 256GB card, AFTER this is all figured out. I appreciate you guys doing the testing and working out the bugs.

It works! I formatted the 256GB PNY card in my Panorama G with the beta firmware and I can say it is recording with no problems so far!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D II / S 3
Back