sn0le

Reaction score
Country
Norway
Anyone tried 256GB in the 650S?
How did it go?

Anyone tried 256GB in the 650S?
How did it go?
learning expensive lessons from trying different/multiple non-high endurance micro SD cards, & never being able to even find a 128gb high endurance card - no. In fact, it might be advisable to check through the manual to see if the 650s is even capable of reading the entire card .... that is, if someone were willing to let their camera burn one up in short order.

learning expensive lessons from trying different/multiple non-high endurance micro SD cards, & never being able to even find a 128gb high endurance card - no.
Did you try the Samsung EVO+ line? I have the 128Gig EVO+ and I've read in various forums that it does quite well in dashcams. I've only been running a couple of weeks, but with some reasonably hot (for my area) days and so far no issues. But it's early yet.

But you're quite right that it's very possible, likely even, that the camera won't read bigger than the max spec of 128Gig.

I've been running a 128GB Kingston card in my older 650GW-2ch for a long time without any problems.
But I install dashcams and some customers ask about 256GB for the 650S.
I remember back in the days we had a limit of 128GB for HDD's due to the number of bits in the address-system.
So I suspect maybe the camera will only "see" 128GB of a 256GB card.

Won't work. However, stick with the 128GB. No problems!

Did you try the Samsung EVO+ line? I have the 128Gig EVO+ and I've read in various forums that it does quite well in dashcams. I've only been running a couple of weeks, but with some reasonably hot (for my area) days and so far no issues. But it's early yet.

But you're quite right that it's very possible, likely even, that the camera won't read bigger than the max spec of 128Gig.
Also running on the 128GB Evo+ "Red" card. Please be aware that there's 2 options. An EVO and the EVO+. The difference is the IO-speeds, the card-categories are the same.

My experience is that cards > 128GB will not work. I tried a 200GB card, and while it sort of works, it draws too many amps, which makes the camera crash regularly, and WiFi range goes down to about 6 inches when it works at all.

Back