2Ch Blacksys CH-100B (1080p+720p) Sony Exmor, WiFi, GPS / Glonass, Supercaps, Up to 128Gb, BDP

niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
Blacksys CH-100B (1).jpg

Blacksys CH-100B (2).jpg

Blacksys CH-100B (3).jpg

Blacksys CH-100B (4).jpg

Blacksys CH-100B (5).jpg

Blacksys CH-100B (6).jpg

• CPU Texas Instruments
• Wifi 802.11 b/g/n (2.4GHz)
• 2.4M pixels, Sony CMOS Sensor / Lens: 1/3"
• Low Voltage Cut-off System
• High Temperature Cut-off System
• Resolution front camera 1920x1080 (Full HD) 30fps
• Resolution rear camera 1280x720 (HD) 30fps• Wide angle front 135°
• Wide angle rear 130°
• GPS SiRF 5 Dual Band (GPS + Glonass)
• G-sensor, 3-axle shock detection for event recording• Video format H.264 (AVI) / Codec profile: HIP (High Profile)
• Bit-rate front camera 6Mbps, 30fps
• Bit-rate rear camera 4Mbps, 30fps
• Rear camera is supplied with a 6 meter cable
• Fragments per 3 or 5 minutes
• Loudspeaker embedded, volume adjustable
• Microphone embedded, on/off
• Voice Guide, voice assistent in English, volume adjustable
• Parking Mode, automatically activated, on/off, time setting adjustable
• Motion Detection in Parking Mode, records already 10 seconds before a movement or shock!
• Event Recording, in case of sudden movements (impact, emergency break, deviation) the video clip will be
automatically saved in a separate file and will not be automatically deleted when the memory gets full
• Emercency Button, just 1 push on this button and the 10 seconds before and the 20 seconds after the incident
will be saved in a separate file and will not be automatically deleted when the memory gets full
• GPS functions; route, speed, via Google Maps
• Time and date stamp
• Temperature Sensor
• Current DC 12V~24V
• Power use 340mA (13.4V) (Wifi off)
• Operational temperature -20°C ~ +70°C
• Storage temperature -30°C ~ +80°C
• Dimensions front camera 5.8 x 10 x 3.4 cm, 78 gr
• Dimensions rear camera 5 x 2.6 x 3.1 cm, 25 gr
• Memory external, microSD memorycard (16GB~128GB)
• Software developed by BlackSys to view footage on PC (Android and iOS)
• 5 cable holders

Are CammSys / BlackSys part of Lukas or vice versa then as they look to be extremely similar products down to the rear camera casing, viewer and file naming they're both using?

Are CammSys / BlackSys part of Lukas or vice versa then as they look to be extremely similar products down to the rear camera casing, viewer and file naming they're both using?
Dont know how the are affiliated, but most technical specs looks the same, even close numbers of bit-rate. However being tested their CF-100, they have total combined bit-rate of 18Mbps.
This is just a pre-release technical info. Hope new model can also have same combined 18Mbps bit-rate with future FW upgrades. Low profile of main unit makes its quite an interesting model.

It surely looks good on paper. Let's hope the real one will meet the expectations. @niko : are you planning to test this model when it will be available?

It surely looks good on paper. Let's hope the real one will meet the expectations. @niko : are you planning to test this model when it will be available?
Yeah, most important is stability. I have overall good experience with CF-100, so we will see how new model will perform. I try to get hands on this model.

Aside from the fact that it's not a remote camera solution and the rear resolution isn't FHD, it still looks pretty appealing.

Aside from the fact that it's not a remote camera solution and the rear resolution isn't FHD, it still looks pretty appealing.
Form factor of main unit reminds me one of earlier Vacron models.

Edited: Vacron, not Vacroon ( my typo )

Last edited:
form factor is definitely a big improvement over the cf-100, but it looks like basically the only changes are the form factor and the addition of wifi and battery drain prevention. would've been nice to see them upgrade the rear to 1080p as well. also looks like a full size SD card slot on the front of the camera, which doesn't make much sense since that will be very close to the windshield.

agreed, front bitrate sounds a little low. maybe it's a typo and they meant 16, not 6?

wonder if gps is still external/optional. also wonder if the player app is any better than the one for cf-100 in terms of being able to actually zoom (not just make pixels bigger), or watch an individual front or rear stream at full resolution... and on the PC, maybe it'll actually remember which drive is your SD card slot/reader rather than making you pick it every single time you start the app (as if the drive letter would change each time you run it - hint, it doesn't.)

form factor is definitely a big improvement over the cf-100, but it looks like basically the only changes are the form factor and the addition of wifi and battery drain prevention. would've been nice to see them upgrade the rear to 1080p as well. also looks like a full size SD card slot on the front of the camera, which doesn't make much sense since that will be very close to the windshield.

agreed, front bitrate sounds a little low. maybe it's a typo and they meant 16, not 6?

wonder if gps is still external/optional. also wonder if the player app is any better than the one for cf-100 in terms of being able to actually zoom (not just make pixels bigger), or watch an individual front or rear stream at full resolution... and on the PC, maybe it'll actually remember which drive is your SD card slot/reader rather than making you pick it every single time you start the app (as if the drive letter would change each time you run it - hint, it doesn't.)

TI has a limitation, there for can not have both channels 1080p. Need 2x TI, each one for one camera, or go with Ambarella A7LA70 series.
So far NON of 1080p + 1080p developers succeeded, they all have some bugs / issues that need to be resolved.

Memory card slot is not at the front. This is part of the mount you see on picture.
It uses a MicroSD cards.

• Memory external, microSD memorycard (16GB~128GB)

So far from the specs I can see that it's might be a compatitor to the latest Lukas WiFi as @reverend pointed out earlier, but of course final conclusion could be made after real life tests.

Parts names

a0.jpg

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

I'm wondering if maybe the companies are unrelated if they're both buying in the same base code?

Lukas does 7Mbps 1080p / 30fps and 5Mbps 1080p / 24fps supposedly.

If there's a limitation it would make sense why the bitrates are so low maybe?

The front camera does feel up sampled so you never know!

hmm... OBD port. strange that they didnt' list that in the features. or did i miss it? and a wifi port that looks like a USB port... so i guess you have to plug in a dongle to have wifi? sd card slot is certainly conveniently located, unlike the cf-100.

hmm... OBD port. strange that they didnt' list that in the features. or did i miss it? and a wifi port that looks like a USB port... so i guess you have to plug in a dongle to have wifi? sd card slot is certainly conveniently located, unlike the cf-100.

OBD function works / support mostly only for domestic Korean market cars.
Yes, need to plug in WiFi dongle like on Lukas.

I'm wondering if maybe the companies are unrelated if they're both buying in the same base code?

Lukas does 7Mbps 1080p / 30fps and 5Mbps 1080p / 24fps supposedly.

If there's a limitation it would make sense why the bitrates are so low maybe?

The front camera does feel up sampled so you never know!

There are a lot of similarities if going trough specs on the paper, but I am wondering if CF-100 is able to work at combined 18Mbps bit-rate, then having Lukas or Blacksys CH-100B at combined 10-12Mbps, probably rest "bit-rate-power" is used by TI CPU for wifi and other additional data / functions ( like OBD ) processing ?

Yeah Lukas uses a totally standard USB WiFi dongle too - it works in any PC!

It very well could be the reason they keep the bitrate down - the low bitrate looks better in screenshots than video for sure (the video doesn't look that great in motion!)

Yeah Lukas uses a totally standard USB WiFi dongle too - it works in any PC!

It very well could be the reason they keep the bitrate down - the low bitrate looks better in screenshots than video for sure (the video doesn't look that great in motion!)

I think they might have similar FW source code.
It is interesting like Lukas has combined 12Mbps but at 30fps front and 24Fps rear, and Blacksys has combined 10Mbps but at 30Fps at both channels. I wonder if Blacksys also changes rear to 24Mbps, could they rise Mbps from that to have a similar technical performance as Lukas ?

Edit: I just realised power consumption from user manual is different from 1st post ( 340 vs 380 mAh ) which I took from .nl distributor website.

Tech specs.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if the Lukas rear cam worked in the Blacksys! I might try and have another go at mounting the Lukas firmware at the weekend to get access to the filesystem. So far my attempts failed due to too many UBI file systems inside the code! I keep meaning to get a mini to micro adaptor to see if it works elsewhere too ;)

I've got to admit whoever did it has produced a stable base though - the latest firmware has been rock solid!

wonder if they'll change up how they waste so much space for event file placeholders on the sd card, or maybe make it user-controllable.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Lukas rear cam worked in the Blacksys! I might try and have another go at mounting the Lukas firmware at the weekend to get access to the filesystem. So far my attempts failed due to too many UBI file systems inside the code! I keep meaning to get a mini to micro adaptor to see if it works elsewhere too ;)

I've got to admit whoever did it has produced a stable base though - the latest firmware has been rock solid!

I must admit, all TI based 2 ch systems I had, - they didn't had any stability issues. But of course I do prefer having 1080p + 1080p with high bit-rate, - who wouldn't ?! ;)

Back