2ch FXD900 1080p+720p Sony Exmor Dual Save Nand FLash + GPS

niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
World first Sony Exmor CMOS 2ch dash camera with Dual Save technology from Thinkware, FXD900 Mach

Presented on 27 April 2013

http://translate.google.com/translate?s ... 90&act=url

Sony Exmor CMOS
Front camera 1080p/30fps
Rear camera 720p/30fps
GPS, G-sensor
Cortex A8 CPU
Up to +80C degree operational temperature

Specifications:

Size (mm) 105.2mm x 61.5mm x 41mm Weight 140.5g
Angle Up to 140 degrees (diagonal basis) Resolution
Package Body, cradle, regular power cable (new cable, 3-pole), the line clean yo clip (3M Tave), MicroSD memory card (16GB/32GB), MicroSD adapter and case,
Nand Flash Memory (512MB), User Manual (Product Warranty included), rear view camera, Rear camera connection cable

Camera Sony CMOS Image Sensor 2.4M Pixel Camera, ago. Rear 30frame recording
Resolution Front: Full HD (1980X1080) Rear: HD (1280X720)
Memory 16GB/32GB MicroSD memory, 512MB Nand Flash memory supports two simultaneous relief of storage (Dual Save apply)
Recording Method Continuous recording, event (impact) recording, manual recording, motion recording, Parking Recording (High mode), sound recording, photo shooting support
Sensors 3-axis acceleration sensor (3D, ± 4G)
GPS Interior decoration
Power Input power: DC 12/24V support (Max 35V), cigarette-lighter port 1 (3.5 pi) / Power Consumption: 4.8W (mean) - 2ch, 30fp, 4.1W (mean) - 1ch, 30fp / super capacitor technology
Interface Video-IN (3.5 pi / Coaxial), Video-OUT (2.5 pi / 4 pole), Micro SD Slot, mach dedicated terminal link, Micro USB
Output Format Video: AVI (H.264) / Audio: ADPCM
ETC Supports voice recording, voice guidance support, safe driving information section, front security LED / Record LED / GPS LED support

Dual Save Nand Flash Video

Real tests

Making test video, dropping car from 25m

Day time video

Night

More YouTube videos of FXD900

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... OtWgnixzQ8

All Thinkware videos of they products:

http://www.youtube.com/user/inavi01/vid ... 00&sort=dd

Price in Korea is 340usd

http://itempage3.auction.co.kr/DetailVi ... 56&frm3=V2

Official website:

https://www.inavi.com/Products/BlackBox ... lSave_test

Attachments

• a2.jpg
    a2.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 853
  • a3.jpg
    a3.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 856
  • a4.jpg
    a4.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 856
  • a5.jpg
    a5.jpg
    264.7 KB · Views: 855
  • a6.jpg
    a6.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 858
  • a7.jpg
    a7.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 857
  • a8.jpg
    a8.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 854
  • a9.jpg
    a9.jpg
    342.2 KB · Views: 852
  • img_35.jpg
    img_35.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 853
  • to navigate.jpg
    to navigate.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 849
Last edited by a moderator:

Attachments

• b1.jpg
    b1.jpg
    349 KB · Views: 839
  • b2.jpg
    b2.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 839
  • b3.jpg
    b3.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 839
  • b4.jpg
    b4.jpg
    318.5 KB · Views: 840
  • Daum more videos.jpg
    Daum more videos.jpg
    361.4 KB · Views: 839
Re: 2ch FXD9000 1080p+720p Sony Exmor Dual Save Nand FLash +

what do you think of the design?

jokiin said:

At first sight front camera looks strange, but ...
For me most important to understand if front camera could be mounted behind rear-view mirror the way it will blend in with mirror if look from outside.
Visible size of camera body is: 41 x 102mm. Standard car rear-view mirror size is about 50mm x 250mm. From centre of the mirror ( bracket mounting place ) to the edge of the mirror is about 11cm available space, so from those calculations this dash camera should blend in with most cars rearview mirror. The only thing is need to pain body of the dash cam with black plasti-dip to make it more discrete appearance.

niko said:
jokiin said:

For me most important to understand if front camera could be mounted behind rear-view mirror the way it will blend in with mirror if look from outside.
Visible size of camera body is: 41 x 102mm. Standard car rear-view mirror size is about 50mm x 250mm. From centre of the mirror ( bracket mounting place ) to the edge of the mirror is about 11cm available space, so from those calculations this dash camera should blend in with most cars rearview mirror. The only thing is need to pain body of the dash cam with black plasti-dip to make it more discrete appearance.

yeah I'm not a fan of anything other than black, no logos, highlights etc, the shape and form factor I was more interested it, looks like connections are through the bracket and the camera can detach

I'm doing new tooling designs at the moment and just looking for different ideas, never easy to come up with a one size fits all solution

jokiin said:
niko said:
jokiin said:

yeah I'm not a fan of anything other than black, no logos, highlights etc, the shape and form factor I was more interested it, looks like connections are through the bracket and the camera can detach

I'm doing new tooling designs at the moment and just looking for different ideas, never easy to come up with a one size fits all solution

I have also few ides for a long time of the so called perfect dash cam. Will put together / toughs / drawings soon and e-mail you.
Meanwhile regarding best detachable / attachable solution for dash cams I like idea of CamBox
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1548
The form factor could be horizontal, and in profile triangle like Itronics, but mounting would be slide into permanent bracket and all power connectors via connectors like on that CamBox. I think they got brilliant slide-in idea implemented into dash cams where you dont need to mess with attaching / detaching power cables, gps cables, av cables, etc.

niko said:
I have also few ides for a long time of the so called perfect dash cam. Will put together / toughs / drawings soon and e-mail you.

that would be very helpful actually, tell you what if we use anything from your concept that's original to you I'll send you a free one when it's done

niko said:
The form factor could be horizontal, and in profile triangle like Itronics, but mounting would be slide into permanent bracket and all power connectors via connectors

I'm thinking something along those lines

jokiin said:
niko said:

that would be very helpful actually, tell you what if we use anything from your concept that's original to you I'll send you a free one when it's done

Thanks. First we see how "crazy and practical" are my ideas and then can decide. OK, I talk regarding some of my "know-how" via email.

niko said:
Thanks. First we see how "crazy and practical" are my ideas and then can decide. OK, I talk regarding some of my "know-how" via email.

no problem, I know you've had a heap of different cameras and can recognise the good and bad amongst them, plus you do a ton of research into new models, really value your input

jokiin said:
niko said:

no problem, I know you've had a heap of different cameras and can recognise the good and bad amongst them, plus you do a ton of research into new models, really value your input

Thanks. We all here on forum to help each other.

niko said:
... but mounting would be slide into permanent bracket and all power connectors via connectors like on that CamBox. I think they got brilliant slide-in idea implemented into dash cams where you dont need to mess with attaching / detaching power cables, gps cables, av cables, etc.

Just my 2 cents :D :

I totally agree with that. Blackvue and the ITB seems to be outstanding with that type of connection. If I wasnt so afraid of Blackvues reliability that would have been my choice :cool: .
Currently I am using a Finevu CR500 with GPS option and it is a little bit disturbing always to connect/disconnect the two cables. But the video quality is really very good.

Another important issue is a really "flat" installation, no footage with a large distance to the main body so that the cam is really close to the windshield or head unit. That is an advantage for Blackvue compared to the ITB.
Even the "cheap" i1000/F70 Dual channels cams can be mounted really flat, it is a good design - beside the poor video quality ;).

But we are going a little bit off topic here, may be we should open a new thread with ideas/suggestions for a cam design (10 users - 1000 suggestions :D).

Regards

FSC830 said:
But we are going a little bit off topic here, may be we should open a new thread with ideas/suggestions for a cam design (10 users - 1000 suggestions :D).

Regards

That would be very helpful actually

FSC830 said:
niko said:
... but mounting would be slide into permanent bracket and all power connectors via connectors like on that CamBox. I think they got brilliant slide-in idea implemented into dash cams where you dont need to mess with attaching / detaching power cables, gps cables, av cables, etc.

Just my 2 cents :D :

I totally agree with that. Blackvue and the ITB seems to be outstanding with that type of connection. If I wasnt so afraid of Blackvues reliability that would have been my choice :cool: .
Currently I am using a Finevu CR500 with GPS option and it is a little bit disturbing always to connect/disconnect the two cables. But the video quality is really very good.

Another important issue is a really "flat" installation, no footage with a large distance to the main body so that the cam is really close to the windshield or head unit. That is an advantage for Blackvue compared to the ITB.
Even the "cheap" i1000/F70 Dual channels cams can be mounted really flat, it is a good design - beside the poor video quality ;).

Regards

Yes, I am supporting your idea to open new thread where people can share they ideas of they best / most practical dash cam design. Separate thread would be good place for manufacturers to go straight there and read what end-user need.

Re: 2ch FXD900 1080p+720p Sony Exmor Dual Save Nand FLash +

anyone had bought and tried this camera out ? :)

Re: 2ch FXD900 1080p+720p Sony Exmor Dual Save Nand FLash +

ransoma22 said:
anyone had bought and tried this camera out ? :)

You may read reviews on Korean blogs / forums

So, what does dual save memory do for us?
Can it at all be configured to write/save the SAME camera's SAME video in duplicate to two different SD cards simultaneously?

Check my review:

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...os-720p-bch-300-gps-logger-24-7-parking.8709/

... one of the unique features on F550 is Dual SaveTM (Internal Memory Backup)
Dual Save is a Thinkware proprietary technology that utilizes built-in memory as secure backup in addition to microSD memory card. Dual Save technology guarantees incident video recording using internal memory in case of an accident that causes damage to the microSD memory card.

- Press and hold REC button and Capture Still Images button at the same time for 3 seconds to copy incident recording from microSD memory card to internal Dual Save memory.
- When Dual Save is activated, it will immediately store the previous 4 seconds prior to impact and start recording video for next 2 seconds for total of 6 second video clip.

Back