2CH Panorama X2. FullHD + FullHD ( 256Gb ). Sony Exmor CMOS. WDR. GPS. 24/7 Parking Mode Rec.

Damn the front camera seems alittle over bulky and huge o_O

Looks as big as the BlackSys's CL-100B :eek:

Damn the front camera seems a little over bulky and huge o_O

Looks as big as the BlackSys's CL-100B :eek:

Looks can be deceiving. Although the large, in comparison to the body, lens housing doesn't help.

Quick question to those that feel the front cam is too big, how would you feel if that same size camera was a hide away component and both cams were remote like rear one?
When I first started looking at dash cams I was interested in something like this (iTronics ITB-500H) but after having my current cam I am no longer so sure. Being able to easily change settings or aim the camera is nice to have. You can do this with wi-fi but I hear there can be issues with wi-fi so who knows.

trying to get this thread back on topic . . .

Thanks Niko for bringing us another Worlds First.

IMO It's nice that they're reverted to the Panorama II/S mount.

Do you know & are allowed to publish the DB rating for the IMX122LQJ ? because when I look at http://www.sony.net/Products/SC-HP/new_pro/september_2013/imx222_236_238lqj_e.html the IMX222LQJ looks like it'd be better at WDR.

As I remember, DB on IMX122 is around 100dB, IMX136 is 114, IMX236 around 120dB. I might be wrong ( I am getting old, LOL ).
Night sensitivity depends a lot on quality of lens and IR filter used on lens, also how well is firmware is tuned up to squeeze out maximum from hardware.

I have one beta-prototype product with IMX236LQJ, on the paper this CMOS looks much better than IMX122 / 136, but still a lot of work must be done. It's all take time.

As I remember, DB on IMX122 is around 100dB, IMX136 is 114, IMX236 around 120dB. I might be wrong ( I am getting old, LOL ).
Night sensitivity depends a lot on quality of lens and IR filter used on lens, also how well is firmware is tuned up to squeeze out maximum from hardware.

I have one beta-prototype product with IMX236LQJ, on the paper this CMOS looks much better than IMX122 / 136, but still a lot of work must be done. It's all take time.

thanks.

are you ( or someone ) able to give us an indication of what's involved? Without giving away any trade secrets. As to us, it seems so simple, due to the chips, etc being almost identical. this might help us comprehend the $$$ costs as well as time costs. Most of us do not & cannot understand the effort/s involved in creating a new dashcam. Even if it's only evolutionary.

Quick question to those that feel the front cam is too big, how would you feel if that same size camera was a hide away component and both cams were remote like rear one?

For my everyday use best option is alway hide away with two or more small cameras, external GPS, external small led indicator when camera in use.
Plus main unit can be bigger and case must be made from metal for heat dissipation and WiFi with physical manual On/Off switch on main unit is must.

As for travel may be the same just with suction mount or with two individual units, only because if you go with two or more cameras in car it's hard to go back to one camera even when it's rental car.

Last edited:
For my everyday use best option is alway hide away with two or more small cameras and external GPS.
Plus main unit can be bigger and case must be made from metal for heat dissipation and WiFi is must.

I'm not yet convinced about wifi, yet. As there's to much potential for overpowered wifi waves interfering with my health, not to mention the car. An example is Smart electricity meters in the US.

I'm not yet convinced about wifi, yet. As there's to much potential for overpowered wifi waves interfering with my health, not to mention the car. An example is Smart electricity meters in the US.

Wifi can be in Off position if not in use.
You just need to have physical manual switch on main unit.
I do not need to check videos every day it's "black box / security devise" not GoPro.

Last edited:
thanks.

are you ( or someone ) able to give us an indication of what's involved? Without giving away any trade secrets. As to us, it seems so simple, due to the chips, etc being almost identical. this might help us comprehend the $$$ costs as well as time costs. Most of us do not & cannot understand the effort/s involved in creating a new dashcam. Even if it's only evolutionary.

From A to Z product development takes 6-12 month time ( also depends on investors ). At the moment it is early to speculate on more details. When time is right, - I will keep updated ;)

if you have a big enough team of people, as Sungmoon said already this model was 2 years of development work

Yeah, all depends about money ( investors ). The bigger team, - the quicker product is ready, but the more money you have to pay them ;)

Jokin your idea would be AWESOME. (remote cameras with central hideaway dvr)

Two years development time does seem reasonable for new camera ccd and processor. But after bringing the product to market, packaging changes should not take nearly as long. Now that the rear remote camera has been designed and firmware developed to support it. It should be much easier to duplicate it in a new package so that both cameras are small and separated from the display in a fairly short period of time. Remote cams with discrete display/storage may be a USA want, but I am sure many other countries will also prefer them in the long run due to that flexibility of install even if they mount the display on the windscreen. If funding is the issue why not try a kickstarter. I know I would buy one maybe two of theses in a hot minute if dual remote full HD Cam were offered. Even if I had to wait a couple months for the kickstarter to ship.

Sorry I got off topic and complained a little, but I really really really would love to have this camera with dual remote cams, but as it is, there is no way I would attach a camera that big even a all black one to my window.

Two years development time does seem reasonable for new camera ccd and processor. But after bringing the product to market, packaging changes should not take nearly as long. Now that the rear remote camera has been designed and firmware developed to support it. It should be much easier to duplicate it in a new package so that both cameras are small and separated from the display in a fairly short period of time. Remote cams with discrete display/storage may be a USA want, but I am sure many other countries will also prefer them in the long run due to that flexibility of install even if they mount the display on the windscreen. If funding is the issue why not try a kickstarter. I know I would buy one maybe two of theses in a hot minute if dual remote full HD Cam were offered. Even if I had to wait a couple months for the kickstarter to ship.

Sorry I got off topic and complained a little, but I really really really would love to have this camera with dual remote cams, but as it is, there is no way I would attach a camera that big even a all black one to my window.

It is easier said than done. According to Murphy's law, - it always take much longer time than you would expect on the first place. Some time even smallest issue can delay project for long period ( even if money is not an issue ), but I am happy that you share the idea, which I am trying "to sell" to many manufacturers for the past 2 years. Hope soon such solution will be available. I am sure it will be ! Just the matter of time.

http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/thread...tealth-cameras-remote-lens-snowden-w007.4708/

Last edited by a moderator:
With the camera body so big, why not use 2 full size SD slots? And as others have said, why not make both lenses remote? Now you'll need to route 2 cable around your windscreen. If I had the money to get one of these, I'd be tempted to mount the main body in the back with the remote lens on the front. I wouldn't worry too much about a button to lock files as SD cards of 128GB are already affordable and you are unlikely to loose important footage. Or how about a button on the remote lens?

It is easier said than done. According to Murphy's law, - it always take much longer time than you would expect on the first place. Some time even smallest issue can delay project for long period ( even if money is not an issue ), but I am happy that you share the idea, which I am trying "to sell" to many manufacturers for the past 2 years. Hope soon such solution will be available. I am sure it will be ! Just the matter of time.
True, design and development takes time. So does testing and problem solving. But after 32 years working in the research and development area in embedded controls. I have found that you can always get to market sooner by building off of previous platform designs. Half the time is not unreasonable in my case and that was doing all the work myself from concept to working product. Maybe they are doing that with the producers we should be seeing later this year. I just get concerned when we are asking for discrete and the products coming to market seem to be getting larger. At this point I would be happy with two Mobius' with simple cables connected to VGA display allowing me to view each cameras VGA output and control the Mobius functions remotely with some time stamping in the files so that the front and rear cams video's can automatically be synchronized in the PC video viewer. With access to the software I would do it myself.
But I'd rather have a dual cam version of the above. Just hoping to motivate the manufacturer, now back to topic.

True, design and development takes time. So does testing and problem solving. But after 32 years working in the research and development area in embedded controls. I have found that you can always get to market sooner by building off of previous platform designs. Half the time is not unreasonable in my case and that was doing all the work myself from concept to working product. Maybe they are doing that with the producers we should be seeing later this year. I just get concerned when we are asking for discrete and the products coming to market seem to be getting larger. At this point I would be happy with two Mobius' with simple cables connected to VGA display allowing me to view each cameras VGA output and control the Mobius functions remotely with some time stamping in the files so that the front and rear cams video's can automatically be synchronized in the PC video viewer. With access to the software I would do it myself.
But I'd rather have a dual cam version of the above. Just hoping to motivate the manufacturer, now back to topic.

The concept of building new product ( 2 remote lens ) based on present one I have discussed with developer last year when this project started development and it is not that hard job to do from manufacturer point of view. All limitations / delays comes to developer personal circumstances to run one project at a time and also there is a factor of investing money into new project.
If you, me, or any other person or company would have tomorrow 100-150K in cash to invest into 2 remote lens project based on present one here, then I believe it is matter of few moth until it will be released for beta test and another few month before retail. So in total about 3-4 month. But because there are no serious investors, - there are no product. Its simple, you should know that from your long time experience working in R&D ! ;)

P.S> - I also do like Mobius or Innovv type solution, very discrete and fair video quality. The most important thing they are missing is 24/7 parking mode recording, which can offer only high-end dashcams based on capacitor with pre- motion or g-sensor emergency file recording ( records action 24/7 in RAM memory and saves motion- g-sensor files 5-10 sec before and 30-40 sec after action ) . Me personally having an unpleasant car park accident ( somebody damaged my car and repair cost were 1K ), after that I am only supporter of multichannel high-end dashcam systems, which cost much less then damage you have to pay if somebody causes damage to your car.

With the camera body so big, why not use 2 full size SD slots? And as others have said, why not make both lenses remote? Now you'll need to route 2 cable around your windscreen. If I had the money to get one of these, I'd be tempted to mount the main body in the back with the remote lens on the front. I wouldn't worry too much about a button to lock files as SD cards of 128GB are already affordable and you are unlikely to loose important footage. Or how about a button on the remote lens?

I support idea of using a full size SD cards.

Totally agree with everything you said, just hope they realize that they are missing out on a great opportunity to be first to market and the sales that could generate. If I had the video processing know how, I would invest the money and start producing dashcams through my embedded controls company. But I don't, so I will wait for some one else to bring it to market.

Totally agree with everything you said, just hope they realize that they are missing out on a great opportunity to be first to market and the sales that could generate. If I had the video processing know how, I would invest the money and start producing dashcams through my embedded controls company. But I don't, so I will wait for some one else to bring it to market.

The realization in need of such remote lens system is out there for a many years ( for me personally I have been thinking about 3 years ). I was communicating with few manufacturers during all this time, but most of them dont want to invest their own money into something they see a risk. Most manufacturers work on principle: you order - you pay - we produce, and I understand them on this point.
@Sungmoon Jang is one of few who I know ( and met face to face as well ) that can fully handle this project right way from A to Z providing quality product and not saving on cutting a corners, so we already have a processing know how ( as you mentioned ). The only thing is missing $ to for-fill this project.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B X2 0
B X2 9
L X2 2
E X2 2
Joelinnh X2 2
Back