2CH Premium Dashcams

Burnsy2023

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm new here but hopefully I can get some good advice for a purchase of some new dashcams. Firstly, forgive me, but despite me trying to read around the subject, I'm a bit lost at the moment.

My requirements are as below:
  1. Front and rear cameras
  2. Discrete form factor, ideally without any integrated screens.
  3. GPS
  4. Parking mode
  5. Decent build quality
  6. Ideally 1080p recording on both cameras with a decent picture both day and night.
  7. Ideally WIFI for viewing recordings.
I'm not that price sensative, so quality is my main concern (obviously within limits).

So what suggestions should I look at? I've looked at the Cowon AW2 and the BlackVue DR650GW-2CH (which doesn't fit all the reqs) so far. What else should I be looking at?

The dual channel Full HD/Full HD, Panorama X2 is excellent value, but front isn't as discreet as you want. Built in Low Voltage hard wire parking mode is excellent though.

Innovv C3 is very discreet if you got two, but no GPS.

You could go for two Panorama G, and add WiFi enabled SD cards, but added expense and not a native solution.

Street Guardian will have more Dual Channel options in the future.

I don't recommend BlackVue or we would be selling their products.

Do you have any views on the Cowon? It's frustrating that there doesn't seem to be much choice for my reqs.

Last edited by a moderator:
So it looks like I may have to reevaluate my requirements. What would you suggest if I dropped the WIFI and loosened the discreteness for req 2 so intergrated screens would be acceptable?

Cowon AW series is high Q built. A lot of functions, overall discrete design, has a 24/7 parking mode, but unfort it uses batteries instead of supercaps and has a low bit-rate.
U may also have a look at Blackvue 750 series, but read feedback from buyers as well. I never had it, so I can not judge. Russians hacked its firmware and it performs OK with customs FW however any "customs diy" may void warranty and nobody can tell how it will affect device on long run.
U may also have a look at Marcus M5.
For me formfactor is also important but unfortunately nobody yet produces discrete 2ch solution that would fit my needs so I am using Panorama X2. In some near future there might be also a Panorama X1 which I might buy 2 set and use as a 2ch.

Thanks for that. Unfortunately I cant find any UK suppliers for Cowon with any stock. I'm not sure I want to run hacked firmware due to the overheating issues in other blackvues.

The Panorama X2 looks with a look. I was going to ask if you knew any suppliers, but I suppose "do you have any stock" is probably a more applicable question. :)

Thanks for that. Unfortunately I cant find any UK suppliers for Cowon with any stock. I'm not sure I want to run hacked firmware due to the overheating issues in other blackvues.

The Panorama X2 looks with a look. I was going to ask if you knew any suppliers, but I suppose "do you have any stock" is probably a more applicable question. :)
Yes, I do have X2 in stock. 32 and 64gb microsd cards etc. 2 work days delivery.

Does it need an external GPS module? What about a wiring harness?
Package content

- main unit
- rear cam
- video cable
- hardwiring
- set of 3M doublesided tapes
- set of cable clips

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...-series-uk-irl-europe-union-distributor.8754/

( last picture )

GPS module and memory cards can be bought separately.
GPS antenna is needed if you want a gps speed and location to be displayed on the video and later watch video on PC along with Google Maps data route via Registrator Viewer software.

Last edited by a moderator:
I keep getting an error when I try and view the last picture. Any chance of a different link? Do you sell the GPS modules? Can you post or PM a price for the X2?

I keep getting an error when I try and view the last picture. Any chance of a different link? Do you sell the GPS modules? Can you post or PM a price for the X2?
I tried link via browser, works fine. But its a strange that via Tapatalk there is an error.
Anyway, PM sent.

@niko knows Cowon well, I don't have any experience with them at this time. yes 2015 will be the year discrete Dual Channel will finally be done "right" but it's not available today unfortunately.

Yes, 2015 is year of dual Channel dashcam. ;)

Back