Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
To read more about Thinkware QXD900 please CLICK HERE

Thinware QXD900 (1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
if they can make a 1080p rear cam that works OK over a long cable run and isn't the size of a car battery, then make the front camera identical, get rid of the giant screen, and put the DVR main unit somewhere else like the glovebox or center console or something.

if they can make a 1080p rear cam that works OK over a long cable run and isn't the size of a car battery, then make the front camera identical, get rid of the giant screen, and put the DVR main unit somewhere else like the glovebox or center console or something.

THIS has been my idea ( dream ) for many years.

THIS has been my idea ( dream ) for many years.
And me.
We keep on about putting small cams on the screen but manufacturers keep on wanting us to hang dirty great big lumps of plastic in front of our eyes!

Reposted from this thread, https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...ony-exmor-cmos-wdr-gps-ldws.6844/#post-116270

I'm stationed in Korea and just got this installed by the Inavi people for about $470. So far I like it, though the installers did warn me that it will drain my battery if I don't drive for approximately 2 hours a day... Any tips on how to keep my battery from dying? So far I have just been unplugging it in the evenings and plugging it back in in the morning.

I ended up not getting the GPS module for it, so it doesn't show my speed or when I hit my brakes, not sure what other functions I am missing since I didn't get the GPS module.

BTW This company has the best reputation in Korea for car cameras, the other two are Blackvu and another one that I cant remember the name of.

if anyone has any questions let me know. So far I like it.

Solar battery maintainer? I just got one for my car but that's because it doesn't get driven as much anymore, not because I have cameras running all the time.

Reposted from this thread, https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...ony-exmor-cmos-wdr-gps-ldws.6844/#post-116270

I'm stationed in Korea and just got this installed by the Inavi people for about $470. So far I like it, though the installers did warn me that it will drain my battery if I don't drive for approximately 2 hours a day... Any tips on how to keep my battery from dying? So far I have just been unplugging it in the evenings and plugging it back in in the morning.

I ended up not getting the GPS module for it, so it doesn't show my speed or when I hit my brakes, not sure what other functions I am missing since I didn't get the GPS module.

BTW This company has the best reputation in Korea for car cameras, the other two are Blackvu and another one that I cant remember the name of.

if anyone has any questions let me know. So far I like it.

of course there is a solution....

didn't your car come with one of these ????

My motor did but she is a Blonde....however maintenance costs are a tad high:rolleyes:

I ended up just getting a Powerpak/battery jumper i can keep in my car (https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00MALQTMK)

Ill keep track of how long it takes to drain my battery before it needs a jump (2012 grand cherokee)

I have the Korean version as well(actually FDX900). It has battery discharge prevention built in the unit. I set it to the highest setting(I think 12.3) in the middle of winter and the camera will get though the night without draining the battery lower than 12.3 (even with motion parking mode turned on). The activity in my parking garage is quite high and it can be activated 50 times a night. I'm very pleased with the unit. One point of annoyance is that an event is created every time I shut the door. I was thinking that I might turn down the sensitive but it may not pick up events triggered by doors. This unit should be on the dash cam talk comparison page.

Last edited:
Back