niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
The new Vicovation dual-channel Full HD Video Recorder - Vico XF2 Dual
Some info and pictures of the new dual-channel Full HD DVR Vico-XF2 Dual, strange, but there is no information yet of this model on its official website http://www.vicovation.com.
The Vico-XF2 has the ability to record two-channel video in Full HD quality at 30 frames per second, front and rear cameras are 3Mpx CMOS Sensor and a viewing angle of 160 ° (diagonal). In addition, the video recorder is equipped with technology WDR (Wide Dynamic Range) and Electronic Image Stabilizer system (EIS), and in addition to the DVR can be connected to an external GPS and TPMS ( tire pressure monitoring system ) modules.

[img=left]http://www.auto-dvrs.ru/images/news/2013/09/14/Vico_XF2_Dual_4.jpg[/img]
[img=left]http://www.auto-dvrs.ru/images/news/2013/09/14/Vico_XF2_Dual_1.jpg[/img]
[img=left]http://www.auto-dvrs.ru/images/news/2013/09/14/Vico_XF2_Dual_2.jpg[/img]

Sources:

http://translate.google.com/translate?s ... o-xf2-dual

http://translate.google.com/translate?s ... 20520.html

Attachments

• v2.jpg
    v2.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 80
  • v4.jpg
    v4.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 79
  • v6.jpg
    v6.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 77
  • v5.jpg
    v5.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 70
Last edited by a moderator:
Ashley_E said:
How much and when??? I might hold off buying the tf2+ premium...

Yeahh, I also had a feeling to hold off buying Vico WiFi after today discovered their new flagship.
As per introduction @ .... strange, but there is no information yet of this model on its official website http://www.vicovation.com. "

I think it will take some time before we know price and availability. Let's wait and see.

Having noticed that many of the features are optional extras I imagine the full price for this complete set up won't be cheap!!!

Ashley_E said:
Htf does it monitor tyre pressures???

It can be paired / connected to external module of Tire Pressure Monitoring and supposable display data on dash cam display.

niko said:
Ashley_E said:

It can be paired / connected to external module of Tire Pressure Monitoring and supposable display data on dash cam display.

Its not a feature im particularly bothered about paying for if im honest..

Ashley_E said:
niko said:
Ashley_E said:

Its not a feature im particularly bothered about paying for if im honest..

You will not be paying for it with basic package. It is an optional device. You do not have to pay for it if you dont need it.
Vico give opportunity to add extra devices to people who need them for extra money, so I think it is a fair deal for everybody.

You will not be paying for it with basic package. It is an optional device. You do not have to pay for it if you dont need it.
Vico give opportunity to add extra devices to people who need them for extra money, so I think it is a fair deal for everybody.[/quote]

Oh no I understand that... not even sure im tnat fussed about gps.would be nice to see speed on the footage but id be happy with basic package.

I just want to know more about this product now. I dont want to wait lol :-D

Ashley_E said:
Vico give opportunity to add extra devices to people who need them for extra money, so I think it is a fair deal for everybody.

Oh no I understand that... not even sure im tnat fussed about gps.would be nice to see speed on the footage but id be happy with basic package.

I just want to know more about this product now. I dont want to wait lol :-D[/quote]

Nobody want to wait, but apparently we have to do so.

niko said:
Ashley_E said:

I just want to know more about this product now. I dont want to wait lol :-D

Nobody want to wait, but apparently we have to do so.[/quote]

Life can be so cruel!

So I emailed vico vation asking when we could expect this camera... they say november/december this year and to keep looking on their site, updates soon...

Ashley_E said:
So I emailed vico vation asking when we could expect this camera... they say november/december this year and to keep looking on their site, updates soon...

By november-december there will be many others, maybe even more interesting dash cams out there. So it is a non-stop like chasing your own shadow, always some other manufacturer introduces upcoming much better model thats again need to wait couple of month, and then you again have a dilemma to buy 2ch vico, or wait for that other better product. It is a non stop circle :)

This is true... but I like vico quality and do really want a rear view so think ill wsit for this one... im not in a position where i will want to upgrade and buy new all the time. I gave a cheap cam at the monent and want good night vision and clear picture. Want rear view so if someone behind me is on the phone if/when they hit me that will be captured too. I am hoping this wont be as expensive as blackvue dual though...

Usually these days 2ch dash cams ( even premium ones ) using very good cmos + lens at front, but in rear they use "standard ones". Hope new Vico will have front and rear both same quality cmos and lens.

For myself i like mobius built into rear center brake light.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2372

now it has standard lens but soon they will release wide view angle lens and hope can tweak a little bit firmware to improve a night recording. Then mobius will he perfect tiny discrete rear dash cam.

From what I can see on that (totally unreliable I know) product information theres a high chance they will be identical lenses but only time will tell.

Some will think the disign is a step back but I quite like it...

From what I can see on that (totally unreliable I know) product information theres a high chance they will be identical lenses but only time will tell.

Some will think the disign is a step back but I quite like it...

From my point of view: front dash camera should fit behind rearview mirror discreetly and I think 2ch Vico can do that. Rear camera is small enough, so no complaints there as well. Most important is to deliver a very good video quality day / night and be reliable with no bugs, but only time will tell.

Well, im more than prepared to be the guinee pig on this one and will purchase asap. I shallthen let you know whati think...

It looks like main front dash camera size is similar to tf2, adding a little bit for mount I can tell that it will not fit discretely behind my car rear view mirror because it is touching car ceiling. Its all about each individual car model how low from ceiling and how far from windshield rearview mirror situated.

I would use the sicker mounts because i have raised dots all around the rear view mirror so suction mounts will have to be applied underneath. It wouldnt fit discreetly behind the rear view but the dots I reckon will conceal most of it. Woukd alwsys take at least the front cam out if the quick release and leave the empty bracket... if only I couldskip time forward 2 months or so...

Back