2nd Gen Xiao Yi Camera with Advance Driver Assistance Systems

battouter

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Screen-Shot-2015-11-23-at-12.36.24-PM.png

Xiao Yi, the Xiaomi backed camera start-up has just released its 2nd gen Xiao Yi camera with built-in display, larger aperture and 2196p video support and ADAS features.

The latest Xiao Yi camera is another GoPro look-alike but comes with a few added features. Looking over the promotional information of the camera, it seems that Xiao Yi are targeting users who want to keep video evidence of their road trips. In recent years it has become increasingly popular for drivers to have cameras installed in their cars to capture road accidents for insurance purposes or for evidence incase of a Police investigation.

To make the latest Xiao Yi camera ideal for in car use, the camera comes with a wide 165 degree lens, and a larger F1.8 aperture. This larger aperture should mean better low light video recording.

ADAS, or Advance Driver Assistance Systems is the biggest feature of the camera. The system has limited feature but will alert you if you are driving to close to the car in front and seems to also have a features that warns the driver if they suddenly veer of course (in the event of falling asleep at the wheel for example).

Other features of the Xiao Yi camera are built in compass, the option to record video at 2304 x 1296 @ 30fps, 2.7-inch display and a weight of just 74 degrees. Pricing for the camera begins at 289 Yuan and the first batch of cameras goes on sale today in China.

https://izhongchou.taobao.com/dreamdetail.htm?id=10052621

After google translation it looks like it was some kind of kickstarter. They don't have the camera ready yet just gathering funds for it.

It's weird that a big company like xiaomi has to kickstart this after the success of the original yi.

Let's hope we can modify the firmware again and run scripts. I can't go back to low bitrates after 35mbps.

I'm not saying it was correct translation, just that's what I understood.
Some Chinese guy here could add more clarity to above article.

It's not out yet, a funding page for the product. Kind of weird. I expected Xiaomi to just release the product usually without gathering funds.

Started a thread about this camera, sorry I haven't seen yours

when you post in the new camera announcement thread nobody can reply so it's pretty much the end of the discussion
I was just browsing the rules section because I really want to know something more about a dashcam announced there and I can't reply. Now I know why... Thanks :)

I was just browsing the rules section because I really want to know something more about a dashcam announced there and I can't reply. Now I know why... Thanks :)

yeah it can be a bit counter productive when things are posted there

There is another company behind XiaoYi to do the promotion, hardware quality control, etc..

The more I read about this product, the more I think this isn't a successor to the original Yi action cam but a new product line.

• The official product name translates to something like "tachometer".
  • Even though it has a display, the battery has only 240mAh compared to 1010mAh on the original Yi. That means it relies heavily on a constant power source.
  • Only a 3MP sensor. The original Yi has 16MP for photos.
  • It seems to have built in speakers.
  • Advertised as dashcam, not an actioncam.
  • Crowdfunded.
I expect the true successor to be released sometime mid 2016.

Back