2x SDXC with seperate config-files - possible?

jeez123

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
Blackvue DR650S-2CH
Would it be possible to use 2 different sdcards with 2 different configs right after each other?

I wan't to be able to grab my daily 128GB card which runs on Normal + Parking Mode and with no LEDs on and in FHD@30+HD@30 + Highest Imagequality.

I have a backup 64GB which i would like to have going at HD@30+HD@30 + High imagequality and only be using this for Parking Mode, as long as the 128GB-card is "out of service".

But, will the camera be able to "switch profiles" like this or does it take the previous card settings into account when the new 64GB card is being inserted, and powered on?

The reason i'm asking is, that today i came out to my car while my 128GB card was out, so the cameras wasn't recording, and faith would that in the 30minute timespan i was away from the car, some morron bumped into my grill and smashed a hole into it..

That lead me to think that i really have to go for the 24/7-recording, and when backing up the Daily-card i have to have a backup running in the meanwhile. In that timeperiod the car won't be driving, so the image and quality shouldn't be highest in bitrate as the space of the card allows for lesser foottage when going 64GB.

I could go out and set up the new card with another profile, but thought someone here had tried something alike, before me.

Thanks! :)

Keeping in mind that you'd have to power-off in order to remove/insert the SD, it seems to me that your plan would work. While the camera is off, I'm pretty sure it's not caching anything internally, and always re-scans the config on startup.
The fact that, when you update the config via the cloud or wifi app, it reboots the camera, indicates to me that the update writes out the file, then the reboot reads it back in (as in, you can't actually change any settings without a reboot).

Give it a try and report back.

Update is coming to tomorrow. ;)

I've got the 2 cards set up with each of their configurations and this seems to be working as i hoped for.
As this second card is intended for Parking only, the 64GB "Backup" is going to have a bit higher-than-usual settings for the P-mode (Sens (Parking) 90,90,90, Motion Detection=7, Brightness=4, Image quality=Highest @FHD30+HD@30) and "Normal Recording" turned off, as this really isn't needed for the purpose of this card.

Simply, as basic as it gets, with P-mode being the primary focus for the "Backup".

Now, i should be able to park without fearing that my car gets bumped into without the evidence to prove the case, next time.

Btw, a witness placed a note on my windscreen telling me he saw the car backing up to my bumper, so... i assume this is going to be an easy ride...

Back