3 Channel install (1CH Thinkware F800 Pro + 2CH Blackvue 750s IR) with Cellink Neo -

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi everyone,

I am installing a 3 channel setup and I have a 1CH Thinkware F800 Pro with the hardwire cable setup (3 wires, B+, ACC, and ground to get into parking mode) and a 2CH Blackvue 750s IR (spliced cigarette power input cable, live/red and ground/black). The Cellink Neo will be powered by the add-a-fuse into the car accessory fuse in the fuse box. The cellink Neo output cable has ACC, Battery/B+ and Ground. The Thinkware F800 Pro connection is straight forward here. However, my main question deals with the Blackvue 750s as it only has two wires, red and black. So I am thinking if I connect ground to ground and the Blackvue's Red/Live to ACC on the cellink and I am thinking if the Cellink detects that the car is switched off and there is no more power being provided from the car, the Cellink would cut power to the ACC out on its output and provide power to the Battery output? would this happen? if so that would mean the F800 Pro would be the only powered by the cellink and the Blackvue would have no power?

Thank you for all your help.

To confirm, it's one Neo powering on an F800 Pro and DR750S?

The spliced output cable for the F800 Pro is correct, but you'd want to splice both the Neo's ACC and BATT wires together and connect to the BlackVue's BATT wire, then ground to ground.

Thanks BBMC, been watching your videos for the past few years. Appreciate what you do for the industry first and foremost.

With regards to the Cellink it is just one neo. So that means the neo will only have one output cable with the three outputs, and if it is connected batt to batt, acc to acc and ground to ground for the Thinkware f800 pro then I twist the acc and batt together, would that be a problem for a Thinkware or would the circuit still work as expected?

I think two Neos would have made this install simpler but due to increased cost, especially on a Tesla model S, I’d hope to have just one Cellink Neo.

Thanks again for what you do.

D

Thanks BBMC, been watching your videos for the past few years. Appreciate what you do for the industry first and foremost.

With regards to the Cellink it is just one neo. So that means the neo will only have one output cable with the three outputs, and if it is connected batt to batt, acc to acc and ground to ground for the Thinkware f800 pro then I twist the acc and batt together, would that be a problem for a Thinkware or would the circuit still work as expected?

I think two Neos would have made this install simpler but due to increased cost, especially on a Tesla model S, I’d hope to have just one Cellink Neo.

Thanks again for what you do.

D

Thanks for the kind words!

Got it, one Neo for a BlackVue and Thinkware. In this case, this is what your setup should look like:
  • Splice the Neo's ACC and BATT wires together, then splice this to the BATT wire of the BlackVue and BATT wire of the Thinkware
  • Splice the BlackVue's and Thinkware's ground to the Neo's ground
  • Hardwire the Thinkware's ACC to an existing ACC fuse in the vehicle's fusebox - you may need to extend the wire for this to reach the fusebox
The Thinkware won't enter parking mode recording if its ACC is also connected to the Neo's ACC/BATT spliced wire - it needs a dedicated ACC source. The BlackVue has no issues with this.

Again thanks BBMC.

I'll try this. My only concern at this stage is the Thinkware's ACC ... and if it is getting power from the ACC fuse box while the car is on, will it matter that the Thinkware's ground is connected to the Cellink Neo's ground and not the Ground of the vehicle?

I've attached a diagram thinking that is what you're trying to say, hope that's right?! Thanks a million BBMC!

Sincerely,

D.

Attachments

• view.pdf
    51.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Your diagram is correct :)

Grounding to the Neo and the ACC to the fusebox shouldn't be an issue!

Back