3 dash cam questions

movingzachb

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am new here and I have been thinking about getting a dash cam for a long time.

I have three questions (although I am sure i'll have more to post later but these inspired me to want to register on a forum to get some answers).

1. When you have a front and rear dash cam does it record both cameras at the same time? If so - does it save the footage as separate file names on the memory card or are they both combined into one video?

2. Do all dash cam's have the option to rotate them left or right to point out side the drivers side window or even a full 360 degrees?

3. Do many dash cams have the ability to add a rear dash cam to it (IE: external video input socket)?

I was thinking of just picking up a Garmen 45 but wondered if they had a rear dash cam to connect to it or if it was expandable. I can't really find a lot of this information from the store product pages.

Thanks in advance..

1. typically yes
2. no
3. some but not many

Garmin 45 is a single channel camera only I believe

1. typically yes
2. no
3. some but not many

Garmin 45 is a single channel camera only I believe

So generally do people just buy two dash cams for front and rear? You see a lot of 'backup' cams out there but are they able to be recorded? If I google 'rear dash cam' I get a lot of 'backup cams' results but not much in the way of a rear dash cam purposed for monitoring.

That's what I have done.. Two separate cams for front (DOD LS475W) and back (DOD LS360W) . So if one goes I still have the other to just switch and keep on trekking.

After the mess that's going on with Nextbase and its front and rear cams, I wasn't about to wait. So decided to go separates....

in my opinion a backup cam should never be referred to as a "dashcam", as a dashcam is for recording journeys

I have 2 separate independent cams, with their own power and own memory cards, works out cheaper and gives you more freedom in terms of choosing the quality for each cam.

Back