3 issues with my new mini0805 - Battery+Gps+Suspicious firmware

mzm77

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi
This is my first post in this forum.
First of all i would like to thank you all, because I bought 3 dashcams following your recommendations here.
The last dashcam that I bought is the mini0805 . I just got the camera with gps dongle from GearBest and I need your advice.
I charged the camera for full 12 hours as mentioned in the manual. At first the led indicator was red (charging) but after few hours it was off, meaning the camera is fully charged.

I have 3 issues:
1. Once I unplug the camera from the charger, it immediately shows a low battery signal and goes off (Important: it is set on 'auto power off' = OFF and 'power off screen' = OFF).
I see no reason for this apart from the camera is dis-funcional.
2. GPS - I see no speed and coordinates display on the video files and i don't know why.
On the left side there is satellite reception signal.
It is set on gps=ON and stamp=Date/Time and the only other option is 'driver number'.
I'll just tell you that there's a GPS folder on the microsd card with many text files in the folder.
3. The firmware of the camera I received is fw20140901 V1.0. And I read that the mini0805 camera was published on November 2014 so how come it is equipped with September's version? From what I have read here in the forum, there is a possibility they sent me the mini0803 disguised as the 0805. If this is the case I want to get my money back, but how can I prove it? I have no intention of updating the version as I understand following my little research that people that the same thing happened to them, upgraded and the camera became useless.

I would really appreciate your comments and help.

Thanks in advance.

Upload a photo of the camera showing the part where it connects to the GPS base

what is the max resolution, if it has 2560x1080p then it is a 805. My mini 805 comes with mini 803 box and bought it from gearbest too.

I searched a little more and found @Mike_Mike 's comment from post 114150 . All the factors that identifies the 0803 exist in my camera. so..is it 0803 that gearbest sold me as 0805? Here is what Mike_Mike wrote:
0803 properties:
- A7LA50D chipset
- Cam marking: 1296p Super HD
- Optina AR0330 sensor
- Silver mount contacts
- Resolutions: 1920x1080 30P 16:9, 2304x1296 30P 16:9, 1280x720 30P 16:9
- No photo size/photo qual settings available
- Layout recording screen 1080p in lower right corner

0805 properties:
- Umbrella A7LA50 chipset
- Cam marking: 1296p Super HD
- OmniVision OV4689 sensor
- Golden mount contacts
- Resolutions: 2560x1080 30P 21:9, 2304x1296 30P 16:9, HDR 1920x1080 30P 16:9, 1920x1080 30P 16:9, 1920x1080 45P 16:9, 2304x1296 30P 16:9
- Does have Photo size / Photo qual settings available: S.Fine / Fine / Normal
- Layout recording screen 1080p in upper right corner, just below microphone

@Alphas - there are 3 different resollutions in my dashcam : 2304x1080 30p 16:9 &&& 1920x1080 30p 16:9 &&& 1280x720 30p 16:9
As you can notice there isnt 2560x1080 as you mentioned (and you can see Mike_Mike quote- he claims that the 0805 supposed to have 6 different resolutions. I have only 3 resolutions + Silver connectors + Layout recording screen 1080p in lower right corner and not in upper right corner as suppose (Can you check all those factors in your camera and tell me what you found?thanks)

@frazzeld - i guess you asked me to do it because you wanted to see if the camera has Silver connectors Or Golden connectors . So - as we can see it has silver (which means 0803 for sure?what do you think?)

IMG_5830 - עותק.JPG IMG_5831 - עותק.JPG

I hope that someone can answer my 3 issues that I asked about.. mostly about the 'dead' battery and date of the firmware version (suspicious 0803, no?) .

Have you contacted Gearbest? they should sort you out

I addressed gearbest with my initial 2 problems: camera is not working without the charging cable plugged in and gps issue. I haven't thought of fraud option. They asked me to video and send them the two problems. I videoed it few days ago but still haven't sent them the video. Luckily, thanks to you geniuses :) the option of deception came to my mind.
Need your advise regarding what to do from here. How can i prove them they sent me the 0803? Both you and @Mike_Mike pointed it out but at the end of the day i need proof.
They won't just say "we wanted to steal your money but you caught us..we'll send you a new one right now" , right?? So your help is much appreciated.
* Btw - are we the only 2 people in this thread? because i feel that the mini0805 forum is not so popular (which means that the 0805 camera is not so popular too..)
Any way - Thanks A Lot :)

I personally wouldn't mention fraud, genuine mistakes happen! I believe both boxes are the same.....I would raise a ticket at gearbest advising them that you believe that they sent you an 0803 by mistake, you have been on a forum asking for assistance with your suspected issues, you were then asked a couple of particular questions relating to resolution and the GPS contacts by members of said forum who then advised that they suspect that you have been sent an 08o3 by mistake
As for the 0805, mine is working pretty good, the GPS is a bit hit & miss at times but the image quality day and night is good! for me its a good cheap camera that you can install and forget about, it's not really noticeable from outside the car

I had an 0801 previously, the GPS worked great, daytime image was great , nighttime was not so good

I also think saying fraud is rather a very strong word to use, if they did send you a 0803, more than likely it was in error, the few $$ difference in price for the two cameras I very much doubt a known outfit like Gearbeast would entertain miss selling as a policy to make a few $$ more, as it wouldn’t take long for word to spread on the internet

not saying there is nothing wrong with your DVR but in regards to the battery, I’m under the impression that the battery in most of todays DVR’s is there just to save and shut down the DVR safely (not necessarily in 100% all DVR’s but true for the 0805) when switch off your car, with my first DVR if I switched it on not connected the the car, it’s battery that would last a good half an hour powering the DVR

I’ve ordered 10 items from gearbest in the last 2 months and I had few issues with them, especially service wise.
They really take their time with responding to tickets.
Is there any of their representatives here on the forum? It would save a lot of time if he can address it straight in the forum and not waiting for the tickets. I will try to tag them, hope they will notice - @GearBest .

Personally I don’t really care if that was intentionally or not. The reason I used the word ‘FRAUD’ was that searching for gearbest here in the forum raised many results with cases like mine.
Moreover, if you enter gearbest.com and search for mini 0803, you get 2 results. The one with the GPS costs $100+. If you click the gps link you get to mini 0805 page. Mistake? hand of fate? you can choose..
Any way, I won’t buy from them again even though I have at the moment a lot of free cash at my account from previous purchases.

Many thanks for your help guys. Im realy appreciate it :)
@frazzeld @mollydog

Personally I don’t really care if that was intentionally or not. The reason I used the word ‘FRAUD’ was that searching for gearbest here in the forum raised many results with cases like mine.
Moreover, if you enter gearbest.com and search for mini 0803, you get 2 results. The one with the GPS costs $100+. If you click the gps link you get to mini 0805 page. Mistake? hand of fate? you can choose..
Any way, I won’t buy from them again even though I have at the moment a lot of free cash at my account from previous purchases.

And do you know if GearBest team actually seeing the messages in our forum?

yeah.. thats what i was afraid of this .. Right now I have open ticket more than 10 days... and it is not something unusual , that's the reason i hope they can help me through here
Bytheway-do you know if the @ tag is something that members in the forum are able to see when they sign in? I mean when i use this @jokiin - will you get any notification?
I will try again with gearbest name - @GearBest
And for all the members who seeing my messages and think they can help me - If any of you know a gearbest representative here in the forum, I would appreciate if you could leave a private message to expedite my issue.

Many thanks for your help.

Indeed, I think the best way is to send them a ticket on their website asap, you'll get the most direct response (instead of them having to come back asking for the order number and more info) and more than likely if you do talk to them here they'll tell you to make a ticket anyway.

myself I had to return the first two mini 0805 as they both has focusing issues, the first one I got from Amazon and they took it back for a full refund with no issue or cost to me. second one I bought from Gearbest, and as you, I also had long delays before I got a reply from them, as there’s was also producing out of focus images. I’ve found that whatever you buy direct from China, if it’s in a working condition when you get it and works OK for the 12 months then the money you might have saved yourself buying direct would of been worth your while

But if you have any issues, you might as well use whatever you bought as a door stopper as more often then not the postage will cost as much as the item, and find that if it ever reaches it’s destination, from the time you bought the item to the time you get a replacement might well be between 3 and 4 months

I still do buy some items direct from China (on eBay) but they tend to be low value items or items I can not find a UK supplier, and if they’re not working when I get them or very soon after, it won’t be a lot of money wasted,

something as delicate and fragile as some of these DVR’s are, I’d buy local, might be a few $$/££ more but if you have any issues after purchase, you will have someone local to return the item to or for guarantee,

as an example, last summer just before I went on holiday with my car over to Europe, I purchased the mini 0805 for the rear facing, that luckily for me got sorted out only a weeks or so before I went. for the front DVR I purchased the mini 0806, and it was only half way through my drive through Europe that I discovered the power socket in the mount would very easily be dislodged just by driving and the front DVR would not be recording

I purchased the 0806 from a UK supplier, JooVuu, yes cost a few pounds more than getting it direct from China, but when I got back to the UK I emailed JooVuu with proof of purchase explained my issue, 6 days later I had a replacement mount for the mini 0806,

if I’d got it direct from China, I’d more than likely experience similar issues you are now. now thats not to say I never buy anything direct from China, but if I do, I know what to expect and accept the trade off of better price but lower customer service, I’m sure that 99.9999% of Chinese suppliers are good and honest traders and most/some of the issues are due to the distance and the Chinese government rules.

all IMHO so stand to be corrected

Is there any of their representatives here on the forum? It would save a lot of time if he can address it straight in the forum and not waiting for the tickets. I will try to tag them, hope they will notice - @GearBest .

Hi @mzm77

Thanks for your feedback.

Can u offer your order number?

I will help u to contact our customer service.

Thanks for your support.

I have already sent them all the details in a ticket (and..still waiting for an answer there)
@GearBest - the ticket number is T15120100061 - please check it and tell me your answer... actually - you have all the information you need in this post , so read the comments here and then you can give me your answer . Thanks :)
@mollydog - thats what i will do.... After i will get my money back from GearBest- I will buy a new dvr from 'not-chinese' store ;) I agree with your statement that "99.9999% of chinese suppliers are good and honest" but right now I'm really disappointed with this recent shopping experience at GearBest...they made too many 'mistakes' .. and I hope they can solve my current issue very fast, and not as they did with my other issues with them.
@jokiin - thanks for this demonstration ;) I will do it.. I'll never give up my consumer rights!
@ThePro - how did you know that this what will happen? haha thats exactly what gearbest wrote here couple hours after your comment..

So guys - Which camera is the best that I can get with my 50$-80$ budget ?? I will not choose the mini0805 again . what do you think about the mini0806? or the a118c ? I believe that the mini0806 is better choise, but maybe I wrong.
Right now I have for the rear window my old mobius and i'm looking for new dvr with a screen to my front window... Which dvr is the 'winner' ?

Back