3 Optional Dash Cams

DorDash

Reaction score
Country
Israel
If you had to choose the best dash cam from these 3 options, which one would you choose (and please explain shortly why):
- Alfawise MB05
- WAZA B03
- Xiaomi 70mai (english verison)

you'll need to provide links, the first 2 are unheard of, possibly some generic model that is labeled under those brands in whatever market you're looking to buy from so they may be known under another name

you'll need to provide links, the first 2 are unheard of, possibly some generic model that is labeled under those brands in whatever market you're looking to buy from so they may be known under another name

ALFAWISE:
Link 1
Link 2

WAZA:
Link 1
+ see the short feedback in the first link above
+ There are some videos in Youtube showing drives during day & night, such as this and that (there are more)

70mai is known for many in this forum

do you only have the option to buy in your local market?
I have to choose only one of them, the price doesn't play a roll... just to pick one which is best of the three of them.
I'd like if you can grade them (first place to the third place) and shortly explain why you chose it

if you live anywhere that gets warmer than about 25°C in summer I wouldn't suggest any of those cameras as they each use an internal battery, if they're you're only choice then the Xioami is at least a known quantity, the other two are generic Chinese models that have been rebadged

something like a B1W or A119S, A119PRO would be a much better option, not sure if those are available in your market though, you may need to source from another country if you want a decent camera

if you live anywhere that gets warmer than about 25°C in summer I wouldn't suggest any of those cameras as they each use an internal battery, if they're you're only choice then the Xioami is at least a known quantity, the other two are generic Chinese models that have been rebadged

something like a B1W or A119S, A119PRO would be a much better option, not sure if those are available in your market though, you may need to source from another country if you want a decent camera
Alfawise offers a battery which can resist 60°C and even more... and looks like it has a better quality than 70mai.

And I need to choose one of the three, sorry, please help

nice website doesn't alter reality, the batteries they use are stable only to 45°C when powered, beyond that the risk increases, in car temps can easily be 30°C above ambient temps, batteries in cameras are not suitable for this purpose, they do it because it's cheaper and easier

nice website doesn't alter reality, the batteries they use are stable only to 45°C when powered, beyond that the risk increases, in car temps can easily be 30°C above ambient temps, batteries in cameras are not suitable for this purpose, they do it because it's cheaper and easier
so you are for xiaomi?

and if we put asides the issues with the batteries?

I'd avoid Mini / Lightinthebox as a vendor. I've used them for several things in the past. Fine until I hit a problem when they sent me the wrong item. They sent it again a 2nd time, then they didn't want to know.

So far as I can tell from my experiences they are a pile it high, sell mostly very cheap quality products type vendor. I bought a bore telescope and light bulbs from them long with a watch and some other items I can't remember. The bore scopes - bought 2, one was OK in use but the wrong lower spec item, the 2nd the same as the 1st (wrong item) and out of focus. I paid for HD versions, but got SD (this is what they washed their hands on me when I complained the 2nd time about getting the wrong item). The software was also very suspect in it's origins and burnt to a plain DVD. The watch was cheap to look at and not a patch on the slick website photos. 1/2 the buttons on it were dummies and there was no instruction leaflet to tell you how to use it / set it. Wouldn't have been seen dead wearing it anyway. The light bulbs were actually ok and the only decent purchase.

Personally, if my experience is anything to go by, I'd give anything they're selling a wide birth - from my experience at least some is low quality tat and in my experience customer service is poor once you have an issue.

Not sure why you won't purchase from other international vendors - both the above are China direct vendors.

IF you need a good dashcam and money isn't an issue then as others have said, there are other choices - mine would be Mobius Maxi with super-capacitor kit or Viofo A119S.

so you are for xiaomi?

and if we put asides the issues with the batteries?

I have no connection to any of those products, I have no connection to the alternative products I suggested either, if you don't want to listen to advice that doesn't match your pre conceived ideas then perhaps better don't ask for it

Dear friends, Please don't worry :)
@jokiin - I mean, that you are for Xiaomi product to buy, not that you are from Xiaomi company...

Put aside where do I buy the cams or their prices...
I DO NOT ignore your advices, they are not relevant. I told you I have to choose one of these three. The best one of them. Nobody said I am going to use it as the main camera or even if I will use it anyway. Just asking, which one of them has the best specs.
Lets say, If your friend offers you to take one of these cams as a gift, no payment and you must choose (can't say no), which one will you take?

The issue with batteries is more than just temperature, although be aware overheating batteries have the potential to melt your cam and / or set your car on fire, hence why generally most manufacturers specify limits for the temperature they're to be used in (be aware a car is like an oven and will get much hotter inside in direct sun than the ambient temperature. The issue is also most batteries don't like constant charging. Batteries have certain charge limits they like to sit between (both upper and lower) and they have a lifetime limited by charge cycles. Personally, I had battery cams in the past and got lucky with both lifespan and temperature, but then again I live in the UK which isn't exactly known for it's searing heat. Batteries also get hotter when under charge.

In a very hot country like Israel, I would think you'll be better off with supercapcitors. There's no real downside to them apart from the fact the power ceases almost immediately once you turn off the ignition. However, it's really not a problem for most people eg the A119S powers from the pc, the Mobius can be powered and adjusted via PC software that is downloadable for it.

The issue with batteries is more than just temperature, although be aware overheating batteries have the potential to melt your cam and / or set your car on fire, hence why generally most manufacturers specify limits for the temperature they're to be used in (be aware a car is like an oven and will get much hotter inside in direct sun than the ambient temperature. The issue is also most batteries don't like constant charging. Batteries have certain charge limits they like to sit between (both upper and lower) and they have a lifetime limited by charge cycles. Personally, I had battery cams in the past and got lucky with both lifespan and temperature, but then again I live in the UK which isn't exactly known for it's searing heat. Batteries also get hotter when under charge.

In a very hot country like Israel, I would think you'll be better off with supercapcitors. There's no real downside to them apart from the fact the power ceases almost immediately once you turn off the ignition. However, it's really not a problem for most people eg the A119S powers from the pc, the Mobius can be powered and adjusted via PC software that is downloadable for it.
Thank you for your info.
Please read my reply above, forget about the sites, the prices and the batteris. These are the given options. Which one will you take?

Dear friends, Please don't worry :)
@jokiin - I mean, that you are for Xiaomi product to buy, not that you are from Xiaomi company...

sorry, misunderstood your meaning, yes of those 3 I would choose the Xiaomi, I wouldn't recommend any of them but of those 3 it would be the best of the bad bunch

Thank you for your info.
Please read my reply above, forget about the sites, the prices and the batteris. These are the given options. Which one will you take?

In all honesty I would choose NONE of those cams as they will not be satisfactory for very long in the heat I experience which isn't as bad as what you get. Throw your money away if you want to.

Phil

1. I AM NOT paying for them, just getting one as a GIFT! Not buying! so "throw your moeny away if you want to" is not relevant...

2. I admire your worries. But the truth is that in Israel there are many who have Xiaomi dash cams, which have batteries and not capacitors! and they work just fine even after two years of use... so please calm down. I know capacitors are better, but batteries are fine too in some conditions.

3. 70mai is from Xiaomi but has terrible quality (as I see in youtube reviews), the numbers can not be seen from a close distance even during day lights. Alfawise has a better quality and has the UN38.3/CE RoHS for its battery. I don't know if we can trust this, but I can't see a reason they would lie so much about the battery. The phone application of alfawise is a bit strange...

4. 70mai and 70mai pro are not the same product... 70mai pro is better version, and I ask about 70mai.

Yes, I understand Alfawise and WAZA are some strange chinese brands who nobody have heard of them, but maybe they just need a chance?
I already have A119 V2 and I definitely glad I've bought it. The quality is so good. But I thought to keep one (out of the 3) for a backup/secound cam-back cam.

Thanks

if there's a chance you will use one as a rear camera then that's another reason to choose the Xiaomi, the design is less obtrusive for a rear window application

Back