3 wire hard-wiring kit for A119s?

changgong123

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm new to the parking mode scene. From what I read on the forum, I should use a 2 wire kit for 119, 119s and v2.

Only 119 v3 and 129 can receive the signal from the acc wire so that the parking mode can be enabled/disabled more efficiently. So if I buy the 3 wire kit for 119s, do I just leave the yellow acc wire dangling? If that's the case, I better just buy some 2 wire kit. Although I do like the switch (voltage setting) on the 3 wire kit.

I'm also considering the option to connect to OBD2 port. It seems that this plug (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000087559609.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.126a2e0eTHl9U3) will cut off the power when battery <12v. Has anyone tried this OBD route?

Does anyone know if 119s can handle 12v directly on the camera itself, or only 5v? Might not be important, just curious.

All three wires need to be connected on the 3-wire kit. You can connect the red and yellow wires into the same fuse if needed, but I would just buy a 2-wire kit with a selectable low voltage cutoff.
The camera needs 5V only.

do I just leave the yellow acc wire dangling?
You can connect the red and yellow wires to the same fuse tap cable, they should both fit in the crimp connector.

The ODB port connector is good if you have a temporary car, but for a permanent install I suggest you use fuse taps. The detection of when the engine is running and the low voltage cut offs don't always work so well on the ODB connectors.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S A119S 2
L A119S 8
L A119S 1
D A119S 7
M A119S 19
Back