3 wire hardwire kit and GPS

Firmware is for the function, the wiring colour code is opposite to ours, won't work if you don't have B+ and ACC connected the correct way around

Ok guys, I got everything working tonight. I updated to v1.5 firmware and the parking mode still wasn't working so I then just switched the wires since they both use a 10amp fuse. Interestingly, the camera wouldn't update using a 64gb Samsung endurance card since it won't format to FAT32. It used some sort of weird default to the effect of xxxFAT. I used a regular 32gb Samsung evo card which I was able to format to FAT32 and it worked instantly. I then switched back to the 64gb endurance card and it seems to be working well again. Parking mode is now working!!

On a side note, from what I've read it's better to use time lapse in parking mode rather than event recording since the a129 does not have buffered parking mode. In reality, I would only be catching the tail end of the event since recording only starts after the impact is detected. Am I thinking about this right?

Ok guys, I got everything working tonight. I updated to v1.5 firmware and the parking mode still wasn't working so I then just switched the wires since they both use a 10amp fuse. Interestingly, the camera wouldn't update using a 64gb Samsung endurance card since it won't format to FAT32. It used some sort of weird default to the effect of xxxFAT. I used a regular 32gb Samsung evo card which I was able to format to FAT32 and it worked instantly. I then switched back to the 64gb endurance card and it seems to be working well again. Parking mode is now working!!

On a side note, from what I've read it's better to use time lapse in parking mode rather than event recording since the a129 does not have buffered parking mode. In reality, I would only be catching the tail end of the event since recording only starts after the impact is detected. Am I thinking about this right?

A lot of people favour low bitrate in parking mode because you can capture sound too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Has any one had the issue of a faulty 3Wire kit? Mine was new and I found my car battery drained a few days ago.
I had set it to switch off the Dash after 12.2v but looks like the cut off never kicked in. Any ideas to test and confirm if its the HW kit or the software?

Battery was 11.81v at the terminals + tested on the body (Ground) and the fuses.
Kit was set to 12.2 and the Red light was still on. Dashcam looks to be parking mode as well.

Attachments

• RtnDownloadFile (3).jpg
    RtnDownloadFile (3).jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 23
  • RtnDownloadFile (2).jpg
    RtnDownloadFile (2).jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 24
  • RtnDownloadFile (1).jpg
    RtnDownloadFile (1).jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 23
  • RtnDownloadFile.jpg
    RtnDownloadFile.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 22
Has any one had the issue of a faulty 3Wire kit? Mine was new and I found my car battery drained a few days ago.
I had set it to switch off the Dash after 12.2v but looks like the cut off never kicked in. Any ideas to test and confirm if its the HW kit or the software?

Battery was 11.81v at the terminals + tested on the body (Ground) and the fuses.
Kit was set to 12.2 and the Red light was still on. Dashcam looks to be parking mode as well.
I haven't had a faulty hardwire kit as of yet, but a few days ago my 129 didn't turn on after being parked for about 3 hours and I had to completely unplug the camera from the hardwire kit. Once I plugged it back in the camera restarted. It's been a few days since. I'm not sure how to detect a faulty kit. I apologize I couldn't be of more help, but maybe this is a problem with some of viofo's hardwire kits?

I haven't had a faulty hardwire kit as of yet, but a few days ago my 129 didn't turn on after being parked for about 3 hours and I had to completely unplug the camera from the hardwire kit. Once I plugged it back in the camera restarted. It's been a few days since. I'm not sure how to detect a faulty kit. I apologize I couldn't be of more help, but maybe this is a problem with some of viofo's hardwire kits?
I have been having a similar issue where if I leave the car sitting overnight the camera does not turn on automatically when I start the car. If I immediately turn the car off and back on the camera starts up fine. I have found that if the cam has been out of parking mode and fully off for less than 6 hours it seems like the camera starts up fine but if its been fully off for more than that then it experiences the issue I listed above.

I have been having a similar issue where if I leave the car sitting overnight the camera does not turn on automatically when I start the car. If I immediately turn the car off and back on the camera starts up fine. I have found that if the cam has been out of parking mode and fully off for less than 6 hours it seems like the camera starts up fine but if its been fully off for more than that then it experiences the issue I listed above.
I've also been having strange problems. My camera seems to beep randomly throughout some drives. Today on about a 40 minute drive my camera started beeping randomly. They were single beeps, but I'm not sure why it's doing that?

I've also been having strange problems. My camera seems to beep randomly throughout some drives. Today on about a 40 minute drive my camera started beeping randomly. They were single beeps, but I'm not sure why it's doing that?

normally means a memory card issue, what card are you using?

normally means a memory card issue, what card are you using?
I'm using a Samsung 64gb endurance card. I've never had a problem with regular SanDisk a1 cards or Samsung Evo cards. The moment I try an endurance card I start having problems...lol.

I'm using a Samsung 64gb endurance card. I've never had a problem with regular SanDisk a1 cards or Samsung Evo cards. The moment I try an endurance card I start having problems...lol.

Most "endurance" type cards have lower write speeds which can be exceed by many dashcams, especially those with high bitrates. My guess would be that the random intermittent beeps are being caused by the card being slower than the cam needs for the file it's writing to. If the cam doesn't beep when the pic is more static (motionless) then does beep with high motion, this would certainly indicate a write speed problem.

Phil

Most "endurance" type cards have lower write speeds which can be exceed by many dashcams, especially those with high bitrates. My guess would be that the random intermittent beeps are being caused by the card being slower than the cam needs for the file it's writing to. If the cam doesn't beep when the pic is more static (motionless) then does beep with high motion, this would certainly indicate a write speed problem.

Phil
Thanks for the reply and information.

I'll swap out cards and see if the problem is still there. I was under the impression that the Samsung endurance cards were made specifically for high write speeds, but I'm not to familiar with write speeds of any card so I can't say for sure.

I have both Samsung Endurance Pro 64GB and Sandisk High Endurance 64gb cards. Working on A129Duo with the 26u firmware and have had no problems across 10-40^c temp ranges.

** Double checking that you dont have G-Shock sensor on high sensitivity? Do you only get beeps on rough roads?

Thanks for the reply and information.

I'll swap out cards and see if the problem is still there. I was under the impression that the Samsung endurance cards were made specifically for high write speeds, but I'm not to familiar with write speeds of any card so I can't say for sure.

I have both Samsung Endurance Pro 64GB and Sandisk High Endurance 64gb cards. Working on A129Duo with the 26u firmware and have had no problems across 10-40^c temp ranges.

** Double checking that you dont have G-Shock sensor on high sensitivity? Do you only get beeps on rough roads?
I have the g-sensor set to medium and I'm running v1.35 from viofo. The temps are ranging at around 90*F - 95*F here in south Texas. I switched to a brand-new Samsung 128gb evo card and the camera has been working normally as it should. No random beeps and it's powering on without issue.

Hello i just bought the Viofo A129 dual dash with 3 wire hardwire kit am i supposed to see my speed live on the cam while driving and i am not able to see speed or coordinates while playback on cam or application but gps is always ok please help

Jokiin, you have always helped me a ton in the past with my DC and for testing purposes, I've also installed the a129 tonight. What you're saying is that if the hardwire kit is plugged into the gps module parking mode will not work? So I need to plug it into the camera body itself? Even doing so, the GPS module will still work even though the hardwire kit is not plugged into the GPS module?

Are we talking about the viofo 3 wire kit? Because I plugged it into the gps base, per the included instructions, and everything works perfectly.

Are we talking about the viofo 3 wire kit? Because I plugged it into the gps base, per the included instructions, and everything works perfectly.
switched parking mode does not work via the base, has to be plugged into the camera

switched parking mode does not work via the base, has to be plugged into the camera
Good info, thanks! The directions don't mention that. I have parking switched off for now anyway. Waiting on the pre-event recordings to be fleshed out first.

Hello i just bought the Viofo A129 dual dash with 3 wire hardwire kit am i supposed to see my speed live on the cam while driving and i am not able to see speed or coordinates while playback on cam or application but gps is always ok

Check if GPS is turn ON (GPS icon will be shown on screen) and if GPS Info Stamp is enabled.

Yes it works but i cant get a gps print or speed in any situation

Back