30 second clips and no journeys - new to dashcams

kirsty69jo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, please forgive me if these are basic issues but I recently had this dashcam (front and rear) fitted at Halfords less than two weeks ago. I have the sd card that came with the unit.

I assumed it was all working ok, and today I removed the card and put it in my computer to have a look. It appears that I only have 30 second recordings (duplicated, but from reading the forum, I think I know how to resolve that) and no actual recordings of any journeys. Just me opening the boot etc. So from looking here on the forum, it appears that these 30 second clips are parking mode? This is fine, but where are my journey recordings?

I hope someone can help this clueless newbie.

Thanks.

Hello,

Welcome to DashCamTalk!

You can connect your Dash Cam to your computer using the provided USB cable.

1) Plug your Dash Cam in. Ensure the cable is plugged directly into the dash cam and NOT via the mount.
2) On the dash cam's screen you'll see a menu of 3 options. Please select 'Access Files' on the Dash Cam's screen.
3) If the dash cam does not appear as a drive on your computer, please try all the USB ports on your computer. Double check that the cable is via the camera and not via the mount. If it still does not show, please remove the cable from the computer, press the reset button on the underside of the camera and plug the USB cable back into the camera.
4) Then the Dash Cam will be visible as a removable drive on your computer. If you go into My Computer (Windows) or Finder (Mac) you will be able to see the Dash Cam listed as a drive, usually called NEXTBASE.
5) Double click on this drive. You should then see nextbase.com, nextbase.info and DCIM.
6) Double click on 'DCIM'. Inside this you'll see a selection of folders. Inside these folders are your photos and footage.
Inside the PROTECTED folder are your 30 second protected files.
Inside the VIDEO folder are your 1, 2 or 3 minutes normal recording clips.
Inside the PHOTO folder are your photos from the camera (if you've taken any).

Please look inside the Video folder to see your normal footage.

Regarding the duplicated files, you have Dual Files enabled. This will record one high and one low resolution file for every clip. You can disabled Dual Files if you would only like the high resolution files to record.

Regarding the 30 second files, these are indeed the Protected files. These are either G-sensor protected files, Parking Mode files or manually protected files.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Back