312 often falls off windscreen

M8TJT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
2x750 2CH
My wife's Jazz has a 312 fitted, but the suction cup continually lets go and the cam is left hanging there. Whilst it is mounted correctly, the camera gets quite a lot of vibration, making the video nowhere near as good as it is when stationary.
I believe that the 412 comes with the suction mount and the self adhesive mount, and the latter not only holds the cam more securely, but is shorter, thus the camera vibrated less.
I have tried to source the adhesive mount that comes with the 412 but so far have had no joy.
Is this mount available from any source in the UK?

Unfortunately and surprisingly the adhesive mount isn't a purchasable accessory.

@NextBase Tiffany

Thanks for that.
Although I realise this forum does not have a 'Thanks', some forums use both 'Thanks' and 'Like' buttons (or more) and they have different meanings.
For the information that you just gave me, and that given by Kremmen in post #2, I would do a' Thanks' because it is an appropriate comment to make and a 'Thanks' button saves a 'thanks for the info' post.
However, Kremmen 'Liked' my post #3 because presumably he agreed with it and there was nothing in it to thank me for.
Oh, and I only just mentioned it in passing, just my 5 cents worth.

Contact Tiffany she may be able to pop an adhesive mount in the post for free, I’ve had a couple of adhesive 412gw mounts off here with quick delivery... fantastic customer service!

Thanks Tony. I'll give that a try tomorrow.

I agree, brilliant customer service.

Under normal circumstances I would buy one for a spare - but - I'd rather hang on for the 380 now :)

Tiffany, there has been a lot of chatting about the Nextbase suction cup mounts, are the Nextabse designers and decision makers getting any feedback from it's users about people asking for proper windscreen stick on mounts, or at least give the users the choice to buy either both or one or the other ?

There's even someone on eBay selling mounts for Nextbase dash cams, albeit they are not genuine Nextbase products.

This is one of the main reasons I am holding off and changing my preferred dash cams (4 in the family) to Nextbase. There is no way I'm having a hideous suction cup mount on any of my windscreens.

Just constructive feedback and no harm intended against Nextbase products.

Yes of course, the suction cup just simply doesn't work for some customers - there is an adhesive version in the box of the 412GW, 512GW, 612GW and the DUO HD.

The foot can be purchased separably as above for the lower models that don't have it as standard.

What ones were you looking at, was it the 312GWs?

Apologies, I should have done my research before opening my big mouth.

I didn't know that most of them had the "foot" in the box also.

I'll take a closer look at the 612GW.

Thanks

Not to worry @152bobby - I don't think its broadcast so this will likely help other customers too.

Get in touch if you have any other questions.

Just a shame that the supplier in the link has sold out :sick:

Oh yes just noticed that too - should be restocked soon, beginning of March.

How long is the 12v cigarette charger lead in that picture
The hard wired kit is 4m. The ciggy one that came with my 312 is about the same
(is it 412gw compatible?)
Output is 5V 2A for the ciggy one and the hard wired one is 5V 1.5A which Nextbase say is suitable for all their dash cams
and is it awg gauge cable?
What? Does it matter? On my ciggy one the cable is a nominal 3.5mm diameter. I have used the hard wired kit so have the ciggy lighter one spare.

Back