312 often falls off windscreen

I have awg mini usb suites leads for my action cameras and seem to be reliable. In the ive used normal 3.5 mm cable and have had intermittent problems that’s what I’ve experienced anyway

But the supplied charging cable for my 412gw has been excellent

Good find! Shame there based in Hong Kong so delivery speed may be affected?

Yep quite possibly, often up to 3 weeks, but sometimes as quickly as 10 days

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-5...ep_vectorid=229508&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg
s-l400.jpg

I don't get these dangling down camera's 'in the line of sight' !

Nor me, as high as possible near the passenger sunvisor here.

Haha couldn’t agree more! Or the ones who dangle the dash cam below the interior view mirror but also can’t be assed to re route the charge lead and just leave hanging around and dangling in the air :rolleyes:

Probably an MoT fail as well.

You would probably remove it from the windscreen before the mot test... I know I would do that lol.

I do.

Dashcam and SatNav with me, not with them to play with.

It is an MOT fail if left in place, and it's also not technically legal if the screen is left permanently on, I personally don't believe you get the best out of the cam's field of view if its so down low, If I can't get mine up hidden behind the mirror (if on a suction mount) I have it directly to the left of the mirror so it's not impeding my view

I don't understand why anyone would want the screen permanently on.

Mine is to the left of the mirror, and the screen saver on 30 seconds.

same for mine

That is a distraction if the dashcam screen is left on constantly, much prefer if it’s on a timer out screen saver between 10-30 seconds. As mentioned above best if mounted above interior mirror/to the left of the interior mirror

I've just noticed where tvanddvdsurplus are based - conicidence ?

Here you go. Extract from HERE

In Zone A, a single damaged area shall be contained within a 10mm diameter circle. A combination of minor damage areas shall not seriously restrict the drivers view. Windscreen stickers, or other obstructions, shall not encroach more than 10mm.

In Zone B, a single damaged area shall be contained within a 40mm diameter circle. Windscreen stickers, or other obstructions, shall not encroach more than 40mm.

Windscreen repairs shall be assessed the same as unrepaired damage and shall not restrict the driver's vision. Cracks passing through the swept area of the windscreen and reaching two points at the edge shall be deemed torender the windscreen insecure.

Items placed in, or stuck to, the windscreen could be stickers, pennants, satellite navigation monitors or decorations

I've just noticed where tvanddvdsurplus are based - conicidence ?
I wonder how far Unit D is from Unit 2?
They seem to sell a lot of NextBase stuff as well.:)

Back