312GW Memory card & Firmware update

Jasonh85

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I've bought a Samsung Evo 64GB memory card, but i have been told i need to update firmware for the support.

it's a catch 22 situation where the only memoery card i have is this 64GB card, so will i be able to update the firmware, or do i need to find a smaller card to do it?

Just checking it should be version 4.4 rel 6.4 as on the support page?

Thanks

Hi J

Good point. You probably need a smaller card to perform the upgrade. Still, a tiny one can be had for next to nothing, especially as it's not for video use it can be very low spec.

Argh well that's a ball ache....

i dont want to buy another SD card for the sake of it.......probably should have bought a 32GB...

is there any way of getting the data file on the card - or how do i know that the card is not accepted? currently when i tried to update it says SD card error

He can't because his unit, with the older firmware, won't recognise a card larger than 32Gb because his 64Gb card is probably formatted to ex-fat - that is his issue.
He needs a cheap tiny, couple of Gig card to do the update.

Probably an 8Gb or 16Gb can be bought for a fiver.

Are you saying that the 312 will accept a 64GB card regardless of software version as long as it's formatted in FAT32. If it won't, then you are still missing the OP's point.

it may need the firmware update to support in camera formatting but the chipset can support a 64gb card provided it is formatted FAT32 first

Yes but OP's 312 has not been updated so it won't read his 64GB card so he can't do the update without first getting a smaller card that the 312 can read.

Yes but OP's 312 has not been updated so it won't read his 64GB card so he can't do the update without first getting a smaller card that the 312 can read.

they would have had to have hobbled the firmware for it not to read a pre formatted card, chipset can support it by default, stranger things have happened so never say never but it would be unusual if that were the case

My old 402 would read a 64Gb card provided it was formatted to FAT, which Windows won't do.

I used a partition manager to do it but it is a faff. A small £5 card is the easiest option. Plus you can use it for any future updates without messing with your video spec card.

right, something weird has happened

I just downloaded the data from the cam to replay3 and managed to view the videos, however the playback stutters occasionally.

i also managed to update the firmware via replay 3? the system info is now showing v4.4 up from 4.0

finally, how can i tell that the memory card is recognising the 64GB card, rather than 32GB? or is it as long as it's recording, then it will know?

Thanks

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S 312GW 4
B 312GW 2
B 312GW 3
D 312GW 4
C 312GW 2
Back