312GW motion detection

KennyOneFive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

So a someone took a hammer to my bonnet on my old car. I have just bought a new car and looking at a dash cam.
The way my car is parked it can be only accessed from the front of the car (reversed in old garage bay)

Specifically I need this:
One that has motion detection so when someone walks up to the front of my car when it’s parked up it starts recording.

It also needs to capture at night.

Obviously it will be hardwired with constant power.

Will the 312GW do this.

Hello @KennyOneFive

That sounds like an awful experience :(.

If connected to constant power the unit will never turn off - in this event you'll need a sufficiently large enough card to cover you overnight.

The maximum card size is 128Gb which will give you the last 16 hours' worth of footage before looping.

The 312GW doesn't have motion detection where it will only record if movement is detected by the lens.

It does have parking mode (which needs an ignition live supply) and that will turn on and record for 30 seconds is forward/backwards or left/right movement is detected.

Hi
So do any nextbase cameras have motion detection that’s triggered my someone walking past

Sorry to jump on the thread but I had a similar experience. Someone stole the front bumper off my car while parked overnight.

I wasn’t using parking mode because - based on the instructions - my understanding was I’d have to turn it on and off every time I got in the car.

Having read elsewhere that I can leave parking mode on all the time I e just made the change and the screen immediately displays “low battery”

The unit is hardwired but the car has been off the road for a couple of weeks while the bumper was replaced.

Will the low battery affect parking mode?
Will driving the car charge the battery - did 120 miles today which wasn’t enough, if that’s the case.

Thanks

For that sort of theft, if possible, I'd consider a house CCTV system as well.

A dash cam would struggle to see much at night .

Even if there was enough vibration to trigger it.

Remove a bumper with no vibration!

Yes - you need to turn parking mode on when you leave the vehicle and then off as you get into drive.

The higher models 412GW and above can leave it on all the time.

Have you charged it?

Yes - you need to turn parking mode on when you leave the vehicle and then off as you get into drive.

The higher models 412GW and above can leave it on all the time.

Have you charged it?
It’s hardwired into the car, so other than that, no

Yes - but it can be on an ignition live or permanently live, there could also be something up with the hardwire kit.

Please charge inside on the USB cable to see if that changes anything.

Hi

My 312gw in parking mode, records constantly every 3 mins despite nothing happening (left overnight in drive etc). Any ideas?

My 312gw in parking mode, records constantly every 3 mins despite nothing happening (left overnight in drive etc). Any ideas?
This has been answered in the other thread HERE

But if it’s on a permanent live it will not switch off. It records 3 min videos and does not stop.

Stuart

No the 312GW will not switch off at all if on a permanently live fuse, it detects the loss of power and then shuts down.

This won't happen.

Hits, thanks again. So, I just use an ignition 12v and internal battery when off?

Yes that is correct - it has a 30 minute battery life when full charged which is 60 impacts, I hope you'd never reach that in real life.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S 312GW 4
B 312GW 2
B 312GW 3
D 312GW 4
C 312GW 2
Back